My Guide Website?
4-Day Portugal Tour from Madrid: Lisbon and Fatima29 Reviews
Explore the Portuguese capital on a 4-day tour to Lisbon, and visit one of Portugal’s most important pilgrim sites at Fátima. En route, see the walled city of Caceres, learn about the Spanish conqusitadors at Trujillo, and take an optional trip to Sintra.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Madrid:If youʻre booking your trip to Madrid last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Madrid: La Cueva de Lola Flamenco Show Tickets with Drink
- Madrid: Local Tapas and Wine Tour with Drinks & Views
- From Madrid: Avila and Segovia Full-Day Tour
- Madrid: 24 or 48 Hour Hop-On Hop-Off Sightseeing Bus Tour
- Madrid: Segovia & Avila Day Trip with Optional Entry Tickets
- Explore the oldest neighborhoods of Lisbon, and learn about the Age of Discoveries in Belem
- Go to the important pilgrim site of Fatima and learn about the appearance of the Virgin Mary
- Explore the walled city of Caceres and see some of the remaining Islamic towers
- Take optional day trips to Sintra and Cascais, or relax at leisure
- Watch a traditional fado show (optional)
DescriptionDiscover the sights and sounds of Portugal on a 4-day package tour from Madrid, crossing the scenic region of Extremedura en route to the Portuguese capital of Lisbon. Learn about the Spanish conqusitadors at Trujillo, and the Portuguese Age of Discoveries in Belem. See old trams on the streets of Alfama, and learn about the apperance of the Virgin Mary in Fatima. Accommodation will be at a 4-star hotel in central Lisbon, with optional evening activities and day tours for your pleasure. Day 1: Madrid - Trujillo - Lisbon Depart Madrid at 08:00 and drive through the scenic Extremadura region of Spain, stopping in historic Trujillo to discover a city enriched by the Spanish conquistadors. You will have time to wander the city center to see stunning medieval and Renaissance buildings, such as the main Plaza Mayor, where an equestrian statue of Francisco Pizarro stands guard. Continue across the border to Portugal, and check in to the 4-star Hotel Lutecia on arrival in Lisbon. Situated at the mouth of the River Tagus, the Portuguese capital is a delight to explore at night. You can join an optional fado show to experience the typically melancholic folk songs of Portugal, or relax on your own at leisure. Day 2: Lisbon Enjoy a morning sightseeing tour of Alfama, Lisbon’s oldest neighborhood. Marvel at the medieval Castle of São Jorge, overlooking the Alfama from its hilltop location, and see old trams trundling down the cobblestone streets. Continue to Belem, dominated by the fortress Tower of Belem and ornate Monastery of Los Jeronimos. The afternoon is free to explore at leisure, or take an optional excursion to the fairytale palaces of Sintra, and the glorious beaches and resorts of the Estoril Coast and Cascais. Day 3: Lisbon - Fatima - Lisbon Today you will visit one of the most important sites of pilgrimage in Portugal on a day trip to Fatima. Learn the story of the apparition of the Virgin Mary to 3 shepherd children as they tended their flock in the Cova da Iria. You will be free to explore sites such as the Sanctuary of Fátima and Chapel of the Apparitions. See the mosaics and stained glass windows of the Basilica, and enjoy some quiet time in the Holy Trinity Church. Return to Lisbon for your overnight stay. Day 4: Lisbon - Caceres - Madrid Depart Lisbon and re-cross the border with Spain en route to Madrid. Stop at the historic walled city of Caceres, named a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1986 for its beautiful mix of Roman, Moorish, Northern Gothic and Italian Renaissance architecture. Discover some of the 30 remaining Islamic towers, and glorious Renaissance palaces, as you wander the narrow streets at leisure. Continue to Madrid for the end of tour services.
IncludesTransportation by air-conditioned coach Multi-lingual tour escort Daily buffet breakfast Travel Insurance Municipal tax in Lisbon Accomodation in Lisbon
- A booking for two people, automatically accommodates two people to share one room
- A booking for three people, automatically accommodates three people to share one room
- A booking for four people, automatically accommodates four people to share two double rooms
- If you are a party of two of more and want to travel in separate rooms, please make individual bookings