From Madrid: Ávila with Walls & Segovia Full-Day Tour294 Reviews
Get up close and personal with Spain and its rich history on a day tour to Ávila and Segovia. Relax as you are taken to visit the birthplace of Santa Teresa de Jesus in Ávila. Then see the Aqueduct of Segovia and stop off at the stunning castle, Alcázar.
- Visit Ávila, the birthplace of Santa Teresa de Jesus, the writer of the Counter Reformation
- Gaze upon the fortified walls and towers of Ávila
- See the Aqueduct of Segovia, one of the best preserved monuments on the Iberian Peninsula
- Admire Alcázar, a beautiful ancient castle that appears to be in the shape of a ship
DescriptionMeet with your group in central Madrid 15 minutes in advance of the tour. Travel towards the city of Ávila on an air-conditioned bus. Upon arrival, embark on a guided walking tour of the Old Town to discover the impressive history of the city. See Romanesque style churches, Gothic palaces, and a fortified cathedral dating back to the the Middle Ages. Visit the well-preserved walls of Ávila hear of the events that they have witnessed throughout the centuries. Marvel at the fortification and towers, which have been designated a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. After the tour, enjoy some free time to explore the other areas of the town. Meet your guide again at the designated time to continue the tour to Segovia. If you decided to include the option, enjoy a wonderful gastronomic menu for lunch. Alternatively, enjoy some free time in the city to see other sites, such as the Roman Aqueduct of Segovia. Meet your guide again in front of the Cathedral for a guided tour of the city. Walk through the old Jewish quarter of the city, following your guide towards the Alcazar of Segovia. Enjoy a guided visit of the site and marvel at its spectacular architecture which served as inspiration for a famous Disney film.
IncludesTransportation by air-conditioned bus Individual audioguide system Monolingual or bilingual guide (depending on option booked) Lunch (depending on option booked) Entrance to the Cathedral of Segovia (until March 31, 2020) Entrance to the Convent of Santa Teresa (until March 31, 2020) Entrance to the Walls of Ávila Entrance to the Alcázar of Segovia Hotel pickup and drop-off Lunch (depending on option booked) Drinks and other services not specified above
- Please keep in mind that the excursion includes several visits on foot, comfortable shoes are recommended
- The duration of the tour includes the round-trip transfers to the destination
- Photography and filming are not permitted inside the exhibitions
- The local partner reserves the right to modify or cancel the tour itinerary without prior notice due to force majeure reasons
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability