From Madrid: Full Day Avila, Segovia and El Escorial Tour103 Reviews
Don't miss the opportunity to get to know these three essential attractions in the surroundings of Madrid. Discover the cities of Ávila and Segovia, both declared a World Heritage Site and enjoy a guided visit inside the El Escorial Monastery.
- Visit Avila Cathedral
- Learn about the creation of the Roman aqueduct in Segovia
- Discover the Alcazar of Segovia, a symbol of the art and history of Spain
- Enjoy a guided tour of the El Escorial Monastery
DescriptionLeave Madrid early in the morning and head towards Ávila, where you will stop at the Cuatro Postes viewpoint. After, travel to the city to start the walking tour, and pass by the Sanctuary of San Vicente, the cathedral and of course, the walls. Next head to Segovia and on arrival your guide will explain everything about the creation of the aqueduct by the Romans. Then continue your route through the streets of the city center, and pass through the Cathedral, continuing through the district of the Canonries, until you reach the famous Alcazar, a symbol of the art and history of Spain. Then you have free time to enjoy lunch, do some shopping or access some of the monuments on your own. Once the break is over, go to El Escorial, where you will visit the inside of its Monastery. There, under the guidance of your guide, discover the architectural complex that includes a royal palace, a basilica, a pantheon, a library, a school and a monastery. Late in the afternoon, return to Madrid in your comfortable vehicle. Join the tour and learn about the history, the architecture and the culture of Spain.
IncludesTransportation on an air-conditioned vehicle Bilingual guided visit - simultaneously in English and Spanish Entrance to the El Escorial Monastery Hotel pick-up and drop off (if private option chosen) Food and drinks Entrances to any other monuments
- This tour includes 3 cities in one day, so the schedule is quite tight, is very important that you follow the instructions of the guide at all times. Latecomers cannot be accommodated
- Please wear comfortable athletic or walking shoes, layered clothes and sun protection
- Please note that this tour is not fully accessible for people with mobility problems due to the numerous staircases and pavements that we may find during the itinerary
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability