My Guide Website?
Madrid: 2-Hour Private Prado Museum Tour37 Reviews
A private tour of the Prado Museum in which your guide will explain to you everything about the masterpieces of this incredible gallery. You will discover famous works from artists such as Rubens, Velazquez, Goya, Hieronymus Bosch, Raphael and El Greco.
- Hear everything about the masterpieces of the Prado Museum
- View works from artists such as Hieronymus Bosch, Raphael, El Greco, Rubens, Velazquez, Goya, Roger Van der Weyden and Dürer
- See the best collection of Spanish art based on the former Spanish Royal Collection
DescriptionJoin a private tour of the Prado Museum, one of the greatest art museums in the world housing a great collection of European western art, from the 12th to the 19th century. View the many masterpieces here and listen to explanations of each work provided by your experienced guide. Besides works of the major artists like Hieronymus Bosch, Raphael, El Greco, Rubens, Roger Van der Weyden, and Dürer, you will get to know everything about Spain's most famous painters; Goya and Velazquez. You will encounter 'The Third of May 1808' which, complete in 1814, is about the execution by Napoleon's troops painted by Goya with great drama in which he contrasts the coldness of the soldiers in gray uniforms with the colorful anonymous citizens who are going to die. You will also discover the most famous work of Velazquez, 'Las Meninas', which is a scene depicting a normal day in the Alcázar of Madrid with members of King Philip IV's family and Velazquez himself. 'Las Meninas' has been the inspiration for later artists like Goya and Picasso.
IncludesLocal official art historian guide Entrance fee to the Prado Museum
- Entrance is free for those aged under 18, but proof of age must be provided
- Entrance is also free for children younger than 9, however, please still select a ticket during the reservation to enable access