Madrid: Hapsburgs and Royal Palace Guided Tour2 Reviews
Learn about the history of the Hapsburgs, who reigned over Spain during the 16th and 17th centuries. On a small-group walking tour of Madrid, you'll admire the Renaissance and Baroque architecture and take a tour of the Royal Palace with your guide.
- See the highlights of Madrid on a guided walking tour
- Learn about the Hapsburg dynasty in Spain
- Stop for a drink at one of the most emblematic cafés in the city
DescriptionDiscover the Madrid of the Hapsburgs on a 4-hour small-group walking tour. The Hapsburg dynasty began in Spain with the reign of Charles I, who enriched the city by building palaces and monuments. Later, Philip II declared Madrid the capital of Spain, leading to the city’s dramatic growth. Admire the Renaissance and Baroque style buildings that are perhaps some of most picturesque and representative of Madrid. Stop for a break at a traditional café in this popular area of the city, and enjoy a complimentary drink. Enjoy skip-the-line entry to the Royal Palace, which was built in the 18th century in the Italian Baroque style and is one of the most beautiful and best-preserved palaces in Europe. The palace was the official residence of the Spanish Monarchy from 1765 to 1931. To date, the most prestigious receptions of the Spanish Crown are celebrated here, including audiences, dinner parties, signings of important agreements, and the presentation of credential letters of foreign ambassadors to His Majesty the King.
IncludesExpert guide Skip-the-line entry and guided tour to Royal Palace Individual radio-guided system Complimentary drink at a traditional café Lunch, beverages, or other services not specified above Gratuities
- Infants are free (food and drink consumption is not included)
- Please keep in mind that the excursion includes several visits on foot. Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Royal Palace visitors are kindly requested to respect the instructions of the palace security: photography and filming are not permitted inside the exhibitions
- The Hapsburgs Madrid Walking Tour only runs with a minimum of two and a maximum of 12 people per departure
- In case this minimum has not been reached, an alternative date or cancelation option with a full refund will be offered
- Please note that the itinerary is subject to change due to the official events to be celebrated in the Palace
- Failure to show up at the established check-in time may result in missing the tour
- Tour operated in both English and Spanish
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY