My Guide Website?
Madrid: Reina Sofia Museum Skip-the-Line Guided Museum Tour5 Reviews
Reina Sofia Museum houses one of the largest collections of modern art in the world. On this 2.5-hour guided tour (up to 8 persons), your guide will lead you through its many galleries recounting the captivating stories behind the most important works.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Madrid:If youʻre booking your trip to Madrid last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Madrid: Tour Bernabéu Entry Ticket
- Madrid: 24 or 48 Hour Hop-On Hop-Off Sightseeing Bus Tour
- Madrid: Avila and Segovia Day Trip with Tickets to Monuments
- Madrid: City Highlights Tuk Tuk Tour
- Madrid: Local Tapas and Wine Tour with Drinks & Views
- Skip the long lines and go straight inside with a professional guide
- Discover the surprising shapes of Salvador Dali's paintings
- Immerse yourself in the black and white 'Guernica' by Picasso
- See all the most important art inside the Reina Sofia Museum
- Choose between a private or semiprivate guided tour options
DescriptionIn the 1990s, a former hospital was renovated and turned into the Reina Sofia, home to 20th century art mostly from Spanish artists. Your expert guide will discuss the various artistic movements on display here, including abstractionism, cubism, surrealism and modernism. Learn all about Spain’s most famous artistic export, Pablo Picasso, while standing in front of his world-changing painting, “Guernica.” You’ll see works by Joan Miró, like “The Man with a Pipe,” as well as Salvador Dali’s “Face of the Great Masturbator,” learning about the techniques and stories behind these sometimes offbeat works of art. Your guide will situate all of these works in their larger social and political contexts, allowing you to understand how events like the Spanish Civil War shaped these artists lives and works. By the end, you’ll have experienced one of Spain’s and the world’s, most exquisite collections of contemporary art, which no trip to Madrid should go without.
IncludesEntrance fees Professional art historian local guide 2.5-hour tour of the Reina Sofia Museum in Madrid Guaranteed to skip the long lines Private or semiprivate guided tour option of no more than 8 participants Wheelchair-friendly tours available upon request only
- The Reina Sofia tour is offered as either a private tour or a semiprivate tour (8 guests maximum)
- For semiprivate tours, a minimum of 2 guests will be required for it to run (an alternative date or full refund will be offered if the minimum is not met)
- Reina Sofia Museum may be subject to occasional closures without previous warning from the museum management. When this occurs, guests will be provided with an appropriate alternative if the museum opening time is delayed more than 1-hour from the tour starting time. In these cases, the supplier will be unable to provide refunds or discounts
- Appropriate dress will be required for entry into some sites on this tour
- No large bags or suitcases will be allowed inside the museum, only handbags or small thin backpacks will be allowed through security