My Guide Website?
Madrid: Royal Palace Skip-the-Line Guided Museum Tour
Discover Europe's largest royal residence on this 2.5-hour tour of the Royal Palace of Madrid. With over 2800 rooms, you’ll be thankful to your passionate and engaging guide for navigating you and bringing a personal touch to this experience.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Madrid:If youʻre booking your trip to Madrid last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Madrid: Local Tapas and Wine Tour with Drinks & Views
- Madrid: Flamenco Show at Tablao 'Las Tablas' with Drink
- Madrid: Prado Museum Entry Ticket
- From Madrid: Toledo Full Day Trip
- Madrid: Street Art Tour with Local Graffiti Hunter
- Skip the long lines and go straight inside with a professional guide
- Visit Madrid's Royal Palace including its most elegant and over decorated rooms
- Learn about the involvement of artists like Velázquez, Goya, and Caravaggio with the royal family
- Choose between small group or private tour options
DescriptionSince the royal family only uses it for official receptions, the Royal Palace and its over 2800 rooms are open to the public. Your engaging guide will show you the famous main staircase designed by Sabatini, which includes over 70 steps of the most refined materials. You’ll head into the Throne Room and admire the ceiling painted by Tiepolo, and the Hall of Alabarderos, dedicated to the palace guards. You will be able to gaze at the works of the master artists along the way including Velázquez, Goya and Caravaggio, learning about their involvement with the royal family. In the Royal Pharmacy, you’ll be able to browse cabinets featuring medicinal plants, ceramic pots and formulas that once acted as cures for the royal family’s illnesses. Once inside the Royal Chapel, you’ll discover a complete set of stringed instruments made by the legendary Antonio Stradivari. After visiting all of the rooms available to you, you’ll have walked in the footsteps of royalty, experiencing Madrid at its most elegant.
IncludesEntrance fees Professional art historian local guide 2.5-hour tour of the Royal Palace in Madrid Guaranteed to skip the long lines Private or small group guided tour options of no more than 8 participants
- The Royal Palace Tour is offered as either a private tour or a small group tour (8 guests maximum) • Tours available for wheelchair users upon request
- For semiprivate tours, a minimum of 2 guests will be required for it to run (an alternative date or full refund will be offered if the minimum is not met)
- The Royal Palace Museum may be subject to occasional closures without previous warning from the museum management. When this occurs, guests will be provided with an appropriate alternative if the museum opening time is delayed more than 1-hour from the tour starting time. In these cases, the supplier will be unable to provide refunds or discounts
- Appropriate dress will be required for entry into some sites on this tour
- No large bags or suitcases will be allowed inside the museum, only handbags or small thin backpacks will be allowed through security