My Guide Website?
Madrid Sightseeing Tour and Prado Museum Guided Visit14 Reviews
See the masterpieces of Madrid’s Prado Museum and tour historic neighborhoods on a combined 5-hour excursion, and learn about famous artists and notorious kings. See Madrid’s more contemporary architecture of the Gran Via, and more.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Madrid:If youʻre booking your trip to Madrid last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Discover the most emblematic places from Madrid in a panoramic tour
- Learn about Madrid's expansion after the War of Independence from the French
- Visit the legendary Plaza de Toros de Las Ventas Bull Ring
- Explore the streets of the Hapsburgs, Bourbons and more
- Get to know the masterpieces from famous painters like El Greco in Prado Museum
DescriptionEnjoy a combined 5-hour sightseeing tour of Madrid’s historic neighborhoods and fabled Prado Museum, home to one of the world’s greatest collections of art. Take a journey through history and explore Madrid's medieval origins, seeing sites such as the Arabic fortress from the days of Muslim rule and the Art Deco buildings of Gran Via. See the Renaissance and Baroque buildings of Calle Mayor, Plaza Mayor, and Plaza de la Villa from the Hapsburg Madrid of Felipe II. Learn about the Bourbon layout laid down under Carlos III, and see the ostentatious Royal Palace, Cibeles Fountain, and Puerta de Alcalá. Discover a more contemporary side to Madrid at the emblematic Ventas Bullring and Santiago Bernabeu Football Stadium. Experience Paseo del Prado (Walk of Art: Thyssen, Prado & Reina Sofía Museums), Royal Botanic Gardens of Madrid, Cibeles Square, Alcalá's Gate or Gran Vía Street. Then, skip the line and explore Madrid’s Prado Museum and see some of the world’s great masterpieces. Start with the works of Bosch, including The Garden of Earthly Delights, and continue through rooms devoted to Greco and Velázquez, and end with Goya’s portait of the family of Carlos IV and the masterful Third of May 1808.
IncludesBilingual tour guide ( English and Spanish) Guided panoramic tour Air-conditioned motor coach Entrance and guided tour to Prado Museum Individual radioguide system for Prado Museum guided tour Skip-the line access to the Prado Museum
- Comfortable shoes are recommended
- Prado Museum visitors are kindly requested to respect the instructions of the Museum Security: Photography and filming are not permitted inside the exhibitions
- Please note that the itinerary is subject to change due to the events to be celebrated in the city (demonstrations, sports events, cultural events, official acts, and public works)
- It is possible that some of the paintings mentioned in the program are not available for viewing, despite belonging to the permanent collections of the three museums
- Convenient stops to rest and take pictures at Plaza Mayor, Debod’s Temple and Las Ventas Bullring, will be made if the weather permits, always accompanied by your guide