My Guide Website?
Madrid: Tapas, Taverns and History Tour15 Reviews
Enjoy incredible local tapas and a fun, informative walking tour of Madrid’s historic city center as you discover how the city’s food and history go together.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Madrid:If youʻre booking your trip to Madrid last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Enjoy 8+ tapas and 4 drinks at 4 tapas bars.
- See the sights on a 45-minute guided history tour.
- Learn how to go out for tapas like the locals do.
- Step into the most historic bars in the city.
- Discover how Madrid’s history is best told through food.
DescriptionYour evening begins at a historic tavern in the heart of Madrid, where you’ll enjoy your first tapas of the evening along with vermouth—Spain’s favorite aperitif. Get a crash course in the art of tapeo as your guide shares some of the secrets of going out for tapas here in Madrid. After that, you’re off to discover Madrid’s history up close on an expertly guided walking tour! From iconic sights like the Royal Palace to hidden squares only locals know about, you’ll discover how each stop along the way has played a role in the city’s story. Having worked up an appetite, it’s time for more tapas at two more beloved bars in the historic center. Each of these bites is a time-honored local favorite that has won the hearts of generations of madrileños over the decades! And as you make your way from one to another, you’ll get even more insights into Madrid’s fascinating past. Finally, you’ll sit down for a dinner of shared plates at one last classic tapas bar that’s consistently packed with locals. You’ll leave with plenty of knowledge of how to enjoy tapas like a local in Madrid, and how the city’s history and food go hand in hand.
IncludesLocal English-speaking guide Expertly guided walking tour 4 tasting stops with 8 tapas and 5 drinks History walk through Madrid’s historic centre
- The tour is in English. • Guests with serious food allergies will need to sign an allergy waiver at the start of the tour • This tour is not recommended for vegans.
- This tour is adaptable for: Vegetarians, Pescatarians, Gluten free (not celiacs), Dairy free, Non-alcoholic options & Pregnant women. If you have a dietary requirement or food allergy, please note it when booking.
- Our group tour utilizes multiple areas that are not wheelchair accessible. Those with wheelchairs should contact us so we can arrange your visit.
- Due to the risk of gluten cross-contamination, this tour is not adaptable for those with celiac disease
- Tour not suitable for children
- Devour comply with all local government regulations. You may need to wear a mask or provide proof of vaccination to enter certain venues. Please refer to Madrid government guidelines for the most up to date information