My Guide Website?
Madrid: Toledo and El Escorial Full-Day Coach Tour28 Reviews
Explore 2 historic sites in 1 day on a 10-hour tour of Toledo and El Escorial. Learn about the coexistence of 3 religions in Toledo’s labyrinth of streets, and marvel at El Greco masterpieces. Then, spend the afternoon at the Escorial monastery complex.
- Explore the historic coexistence of Jews, Muslims, and Christians in Toledo
- Go to the monastery complex of the Royal Seat of San Lorenzo de El Escorial
- Admire works by El Greco in the Church of Santo Tome
- See the Hapsburg Palace of the Spanish monarchy
- View the final resting place of royal princes, princesses and consorts
- Marvel at the world's largest free standing cross at the Valle de los Caidos
DescriptionBegin your tour in El Escorial. This was the symbol of the Spanish power in the 16th-century and commemorates the battle of St. Quentin. It is also mausoleum for Charles V. Due to the symmetry and balance of its construction, according to the humanist Renaissance style, for years it had been considered for years the eighth wonder of the world. Explore Habsburg Palace, the Kings and Princes Mausoleum, the Chapter House, and the Basilica. Next, 9 kilometers away from El Escorial, discover an enormous monument built between 1940 and 1959 to honor the fallen during the Spanish Civil War. The basilica is carved into the mountain at 1,350 meters where an impressive 150 meters high cross places itself over the magnificent landscape of Madrid’s mountain range. Discover the City of the Three Cultures, 70 kilometers from Madrid. Toledo is a beautiful city-museum and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is one of the oldest towns in Europe and has great artistic beauty with buildings from almost all periods in history including Arabian, Gothic, Mudéjar, Renaissance, and Baroque style. Visit the outside of the Cathedral and the interior of the Sto. Tomé Church with The Burial of the Lord of Orgaz, a masterpiece by El Greco. Explore the interior of the Synagogue of Santa María la Blanca and the interior of the incredible monastery of San Juan de Los Reyes. Go to see a demonstration of the famous technique of damascened, inlay of precious metals in steel and forging of swords. Finish your tour with a panoramic sightseeing tour of Toledo and stop at a viewpoint for breathtaking views of the city where you can take the best pictures of Toledo.
IncludesTransportation by air-conditioned bus Guide Entrance fee to the Santa Maria la Blanca, Church of St. Tomé, Royal Monastery of El Escorial, and Valley of the Fallen and Basilica Tour of the Monastery of San Juan de Los Reyes Individual radio-guided system
- This tour is not available on 10 August, 14 September, 24, 25, or 31 December
- Photography and filming are not permitted inside the Royal Monastery of El Escorial, the Valley of the Fallen Basilic, and St Tomé Church
- Please note that guided tours are not permitted inside the Basilica of the Valley
- It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes and be prepared to walk
- The duration of the tour includes the round trip to the destination
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom€102.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today