Museo Nacional Thyssen-Bornemisza Tickets550 Reviews
Enjoy entry to the permanent exhibition of the Museo Nacional Thyssen-Bornemisza and its temporary exhibitions.
- Art from the 13th century to the late 20th century
- Collection of 19th-century American painting not found in any other European museum institutions
DescriptionThe Museo Thyssen-Bornemisza has offered visitors a unique survey of the history of art from the 13th to the late 20th centuries. Dürer, Raphael, Titian, Rubens, Rembrandt, Caravaggio, Manet, Renoir, Cézanne, Van Gogh, Gauguin, Kandinsky, Picasso, Hopper and Rothko are among the great masters of painting whose works fascinate and delight visitors. As if turning the pages of a book, all the principal movements of art present themselves in succession and all are represented through works of breathtaking quality. Among the collection of almost 1,000 works on display, visitors can pause in the Renaissance, linger in the Baroque, discover Expressionism or enter the world of the 20th-century avant-garde movements. The history of western art unfolds before our eyes in the galleries of the Palacio de Villahermosa, which was specifically remodelled by Rafael Moneo to house the Thyssen-Bornemisza Collection. Of private origins, this international collection that now belongs to the Spanish nation introduces us to the remarkable tastes of its two principal creators: Baron Heinrich Thyssen-Bornemisza (1875-1947) and his son, Hans Heinrich Thyssen-Bornemisza (1921-2002). In contrast to the Spanish royal collections with their majestic works of art, a visit to this essentially private collection offers a delightfully intimate experience. In 2004 the Collection was joined by the Carmen Thyssen-Bornemisza Collection, consisting of more than 200 works on deposit with the Museum that complement the styles and genres already present in the Permanent Collection. Accessible, dynamic, ground-breaking, sustainable and with the highest standards of visitor services, the Museo Thyssen-Bornemisza focuses on all sectors of the public, particularly young people; Temporary exhibitions, concerts, live music, workshops, film and theatre together create a wide range of options aimed at all our visitors.
IncludesEntrance to the Museo Nacional Thyssen-Bornemisza
- Access to the temporary exhibition is provided by tickets with specific time slots. When you exchange your voucher for the ticket to enter the museum, you will be provided with the first available time slot to visit the temporary exhibition
- Adults over 65 years and students can get a reduced fare when they buy the ticket directly at the museum. This fare is valid only when presenting the appropriate identification and requires standing in the line for buying the tickets
- Entrance to the permanent collection is free on Mondays, from 12 PM to 4 PM
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability