Walking Tour Madrid Old Town: Secret Sites and Hidden Gems73 Reviews
Explore the origins of Madrid on this 3-hour walking tour and learn the history of the Spanish capital from its foundation by the Muslims to the arrival of the Bourbon Dynasty. Discover the narrow streets of the Old Town and hear fascinating stories.
- Feel the unique atmosphere of the Old Town: narrow streets, charming squares, and beautiful buildings
- Visit iconic places such as Plaza Mayor, Almudena Cathedral, or San Miguel Market
- Learn about the fascinating history of Spain in the Twentieth Century
- Admire the majestic Royal Palace, the biggest functioning palace in Europe
- Get useful local tips about what to visit and what to eat
DescriptionTake a our 3-hour walking tour through the heart of Madrid and learn how the Spanish capital became one of the most important cities in Europe. Marvel at the Hapsburg era buildings (16th and 17th Centuries) and admire the Spanish baroque: Plaza Mayor, Bakery House, Plaza de la Villa, etc. Among the tangle of streets, discover top attractions such as Puerta del Sol Square, the Royal Post Office, San Miguel Market, or the oldest restaurant in the world. All of this accompanied by legends and interesting facts about Spanish culture: traditions, food, local customs, tips, and much more. The narrow streets of the Old Town will take you to Bourbon Madrid where you will find majestic buildings such as The Royal Palace, the Almudena Cathedral or the Royal Theatre. Here the French influence of the Bourbon dynasty is more than evident. This tour gives you a great overview about Madrid's history from its foundation to the 20th Century.
IncludesWalking tour with local guide Local taxes Transportation Gratuities
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability