Fully Guided Segovia Day Trip & El Escorial Royal Tombs
Segovia and El Escorial are two of the most beautiful and history-rich attractions in Spain. This day trip lets you explore it without worrying about any of the logistics; all you have to think about is what to ask your guide next.
Are you a business owner in Madrid?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Madrid.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Travel in a private, air-conditioned mini bus with only 19 other people and an expert local guide who gives the tour exclusively in English
- See the stunning Roman aqueduct in Segovia from the very best viewpoint
- Visit two of Segovia’s most popular attractions - the Cathedral and Castle - and enjoy fully-guided experiences inside both
- Stroll the streets of Segovia with your expert guide and learn about the rich history of the city
- Enter El Escorial, one of the Ancestral Homes of Spain’s monarchs, and see their traditional burial place
DescriptionMeet your guide and small group of 19 fellow travelers in central Madrid, where you’ll hop on a private, air-conditioned minibus for the drive to Segovia. In just over an hour, you’ll be passing under the medieval city walls and entering the stunning Alcázar, a medieval castle and that will be familiar to anyone who likes Disney movies. Here you’ll enjoy a full tour of the castle and learn about the ancient dynasties that built it from your expert guide. Strolling through the narrow streets of the old Jewish Quarter, you’ll arrive at the Segovia Cathedral, one of the finest examples of gothic architecture in Europe. Your guide will show you the most interesting parts, like a full-sized wooden sculpture of Christ, then take you on a short city stroll through the narrow, winding streets of Segovia, passing the lovely Church of San Martín and the bizarre facade of the Casa de los Picos. Your destination is the city’s titanic Roman Aqueduct. This nearly 2,000 year-old watercourse is one of the finest surviving Roman aqueducts in the world and you’ll enjoy an amazing view of it from a favorite viewpoint while learning about the history of Roman conquest in the Iberian Peninsula. After a break for lunch with plenty of recommendations from your guide, you’ll hop back in the bus and head to El Escorial, the one-time residence of the kings of Spain. This is a palace that has to be seen to be believed. Part monastery, part immense, opulent palace, you’ll explore some of its most impressive rooms while learning how the building was willed into existence by the Catholic Church, a visionary king, and a flood of gold from the Americas. The highlight of the visit is seeing the Pantheon of the Kings, an enormous chamber holding the coffins of 26 kings and queens from the Habsburg and Bourbon dynasties, and learning about the burial practices of European royals. Your tour lasts 1.5 hours, and also includes the basilica and private apartments of the royals. Then you’ll hop back in the bus for the hour-long drive back to Madrid.
IncludesGuided tour and tickets to the Segovia Alcazar Castle & Cathedral Guided walking tour of Segovia city Guided tour and tickets of El Escorial Royal Palace Round-trip transport from Madrid Expert English-speaking tour guide Lunch Hotel pick-up and drop off Gratuities
- Unfortunately the local operator is unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers on this tour
- This tour will be given exclusively in English
- Segovia Cathedral and El Escorial Royal Palace can be subject to unforeseen closures due to particular celebrations. In the case where sites are closed, you will be given explanations from the outside
- Please remember that Segovia Cathedral and El Escorial Royal Palace are holy places, and attire must be appropriate for the visit. Both men and women are asked to wear clothing that covers at least the shoulders and knees. Walks cannot be held responsible for denied entry due to improper dress
- Photography is not permitted inside Segovia Cathedral and El Escorial Royal Palace
- Please note that guests may only carry small handbags. Larger backpacks are not allowed inside Segovia Cathedral and El Escorial Royal Palace
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Combo: Madrid Segway Tour and Toledo Bus Excursion
The perfect package, a Madrid Segway tour where emotions are transformed into adventures and special moments. Also a wonderful bus excursion to the medieval city of Toled3 ReviewsFrom €50.00
3-Hour XXL Segway Tour
See the Hapsburg highlights, cultural hotspots and historic monuments of Madrid on an extended 3-hour Segway tour. Glide through the city center with an expert guide, and16 ReviewsFrom €69.00
2.5-Hour Evening Tapas Tour through Madrid
Discover the basic rules of Spanish cuisine on this 2.5-hour tapas tour in Madrid. Visit three or four tapas bars and taste delicious tapas with drinks. Listen to interes45 ReviewsFrom €35.00
Private Toledo Tour from Madrid
Enjoy a tour from Madrid to visit the beautiful city of Toledo. You will reach Toledo comfortably in your private luxury vehicle with chauffeur, and once there will meetFrom €69.00
Toledo Your Own Way
Travel to Toledo in the company of an official guide. Explore the city on your own, taking in its historic quarters and important monuments. Known as the City of 3 Cultur37 ReviewsFrom €25.00
From 7-Day Small Group Tour of Andalusia & Toledo
Learn about the history of Spain, as well as the conflict between the Moors and Christians, on this small group tour from Madrid. Experience guided tours of Cordoba, SeviFrom €1,670.00
Private Food Tour in The 10 Tastings
Enjoy a selection of 10 delicious tastings adored by the locals. Stroll through the hip areas, discover the Madrid lifestyle and create unforgettable food memories.3 ReviewsFrom €45.00
2-Hour Sightseeing Segway Tour
Take a trip through Madrid history on a futuristic Segway personal transporter. The 2-hour sightseeing tour will take you to see the city’s attractions, from the Almude23 ReviewsFrom €56.25
City Highlights Small Group Walking Tour
Enjoy a leisurely walk with a professional native guide in a group of no more than 6 people. Learn about the city's history and enjoy a sample of local flavours.From €80.00
Toledo: Full Day Trip With Guided Walking Tour from Madrid
Join a daily tour to Toledo and visit one of the most legendary cities in Spain, declared as World Heritage Site by UNESCO. Along with a local guide, explore the city kno35 ReviewsFrom €35.00