Reina Sofia Museum Skip-the-Line Guided Museum Tour
Reina Sofia Museum houses one of the largest collections of modern art in the world. On this 2.5-hour guided tour (up to 8 persons), your guide will lead you through its many galleries recounting the captivating stories behind the most important works.
Are you a business owner in Madrid?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Madrid.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Skip the long lines and go straight inside with a professional guide
- Discover the surprising shapes of Salvador Dali's paintings
- Immerse yourself in the black and white 'Guernica' by Picasso
- See all the most important art inside the Reina Sofia Museum
- Choose between a private or semiprivate guided tour options
DescriptionIn the 1990s, a former hospital was renovated and turned into the Reina Sofia, home to 20th century art mostly from Spanish artists. Your expert guide will discuss the various artistic movements on display here, including abstractionism, cubism, surrealism and modernism. Learn all about Spain’s most famous artistic export, Pablo Picasso, while standing in front of his world-changing painting, “Guernica.” You’ll see works by Joan Miró, like “The Man with a Pipe,” as well as Salvador Dali’s “Face of the Great Masturbator,” learning about the techniques and stories behind these sometimes offbeat works of art. Your guide will situate all of these works in their larger social and political contexts, allowing you to understand how events like the Spanish Civil War shaped these artists lives and works. By the end, you’ll have experienced one of Spain’s and the world’s, most exquisite collections of contemporary art, which no trip to Madrid should go without.
IncludesEntrance fees Professional art historian local guide 2.5-hour tour of the Reina Sofia Museum in Madrid Guaranteed to skip the long lines Private or semiprivate guided tour option of no more than 8 participants Gratuities (optional) Hotel pick-up and drop off Food and drinks
- The Reina Sofia tour is offered as either a private tour or a semiprivate tour (8 guests maximum)
- For semiprivate tours, a minimum of 2 guests will be required for it to run (an alternative date or full refund will be offered if the minimum is not met)
- Reina Sofia Museum may be subject to occasional closures without previous warning from the museum management. When this occurs, guests will be provided with an appropriate alternative if the museum opening time is delayed more than 1-hour from the tour starting time. In these cases, the supplier will be unable to provide refunds or discounts
- Appropriate dress will be required for entry into some sites on this tour
- No large bags or suitcases will be allowed inside the museum, only handbags or small thin backpacks will be allowed through security
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Toledo Cathedral from Madrid
Explore the majestic medieval architecture of Toledo on this trip from Madrid.5 ReviewsFrom €43.00
Wine Tasting Tours in Madrid
Enjoy combinations of tapas and wine in a wine bar, with a reserved atmosphere. Learn to drink and taste the wines of the region and distinguish colors and smell consultaFrom €86.00
2.5-Hour Street Art Private Walking Tour
Get to know Madrid's street art scene on this walking tour. With a guide, explore Lavapiés area and learn about the diversity of local street artists. See murals, graffi10 ReviewsFrom €18.40
Andalucia and Mediterranean Coast – 9-Day Tour from Madrid
Explore the Spanish region of Andalucia, touring beautiful and historical cities as you travel to the Mediterranean Coast, discovering Valencia, Barcelona, and excellentFrom €1,050.00
Prado Museum and El Retiro Park Guided Tour
Skip the line at the Prado Museum on a professional guided tour. Afterwards, enjoy a visit to popular El Retiro Park, and admire its scenic beauty.3 ReviewsFrom €42.00
Reina Sofia Museum Private Tour with Skip-the-Line
Discover works of Spanish artists Pablo Picasso, Joan Miro, and Salvador Dali, along with international artists Picabia, Man Ray, Cartier-Bresson, and Duchamp with your a1 ReviewsFrom €59.00
Prado Museum Skip-the-Line Guided Tour
Skip the long lines to the Prado Museum and see masterpieces of art by Rubens, Titian, Velázquez and others on a guided tour of the main art museum in Madrid.123 ReviewsFrom €37.00
Escorial & Valley of the Fallen 5-Hour Tour from Madrid
Travel to Escorial from Madrid for a tour of the Monastery of San Lorenzo de El Escorial and the historical royal monuments. You'll also visit the Valley of the Fallen, a9 ReviewsFrom €48.00
El Retiro Park Ninebot-Segway 2-Hour Private Tour
Get the most out of you time on this 2-hour tour and discover the most beautiful park in Madrid: El Retiro. Visit also places such as the Mayor Square, the cozy Literary7 ReviewsFrom €28.00
3.5-Hour Bus Tour with Royal Palace Admission
Learn about the history of Madrid on a comprehensive tour that includes a visit to the Royal Palace. Discover Madrid's Arabic origins and its Renaissance history and admi29 ReviewsFrom €45.00