Royal Palace Skip-the-Line Guided Museum Tour
Discover Europe's largest royal residence on this 2.5-hour tour of the Royal Palace of Madrid. With over 2800 rooms, you’ll be thankful to your passionate and engaging guide for navigating you and bringing a personal touch to this experience.
Are you a business owner in Madrid?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Madrid.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Skip the long lines and go straight inside with a professional guide
- Visit Madrid's Royal Palace including its most elegant and over decorated rooms
- Learn about the involvement of artists like Velázquez, Goya, and Caravaggio with the royal family
- Choose between small group or private tour options
DescriptionSince the royal family only uses it for official receptions, the Royal Palace and its over 2800 rooms are open to the public. Your engaging guide will show you the famous main staircase designed by Sabatini, which includes over 70 steps of the most refined materials. You’ll head into the Throne Room and admire the ceiling painted by Tiepolo, and the Hall of Alabarderos, dedicated to the palace guards. You will be able to gaze at the works of the master artists along the way including Velázquez, Goya and Caravaggio, learning about their involvement with the royal family. In the Royal Pharmacy, you’ll be able to browse cabinets featuring medicinal plants, ceramic pots and formulas that once acted as cures for the royal family’s illnesses. Once inside the Royal Chapel, you’ll discover a complete set of stringed instruments made by the legendary Antonio Stradivari. After visiting all of the rooms available to you, you’ll have walked in the footsteps of royalty, experiencing Madrid at its most elegant.
IncludesEntrance fees Professional art historian local guide 2.5-hour tour of the Royal Palace in Madrid Guaranteed to skip the long lines Private or small group guided tour options of no more than 8 participants Gratuities (optional) Hotel pick-up and drop-off Food and drinks
- The Royal Palace Tour is offered as either a private tour or a small group tour (8 guests maximum)
- For semiprivate tours, a minimum of 2 guests will be required for it to run (an alternative date or full refund will be offered if the minimum is not met)
- The Royal Palace Museum may be subject to occasional closures without previous warning from the museum management. When this occurs, guests will be provided with an appropriate alternative if the museum opening time is delayed more than 1-hour from the tour starting time. In these cases, the supplier will be unable to provide refunds or discounts
- Appropriate dress will be required for entry into some sites on this tour
- No large bags or suitcases will be allowed inside the museum, only handbags or small thin backpacks will be allowed through security
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Madrid City Tour (Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour)
Hop on board this open-top double-decker bus for a comprehensive sightseeing tour of Madrid. On these 2 comprehensive routes you will see everything from historical sites1917 ReviewsFrom €22.00
Toledo Your Own Way
Travel to Toledo in the company of an official guide. Explore the city on your own, taking in its historic quarters and important monuments. Known as the City of 3 Cultur37 ReviewsFrom €25.00
1.5-Hour Retiro Park Guided Walking Tour
Access and discover the main parts of the Retiro Park with an expert guide. Get expert recommendations, discover secret spots, and relax in the beauty of nature.10 ReviewsFrom €12.00
Royal Site of Aranjuez Half-Day Tour
Visit the opulent UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Royal Site of Aranjuez and all its decorative gardens, and complete your day by the Museum of Royal Feluccas, boats used3 ReviewsFrom €58.00
Segway Experience: Madrid River Park
Join a 1.5-hour segway tour discovering one of the most comfortable areas in Madrid. You will see the Royal Palace, Almudena Cathedral, and River Park.From €30.00
- Best Seller
From Full-Day Segovia & Avila
Journey from Madrid to Avila and Segovia by comfortable bus and explore the monuments of these historic cities at leisure.134 ReviewsFrom €52.00
Panoramic Tour and Prado Museum Entrance Ticket
Discover masterpieces of art in Madrid’s Prado Museum and tour the historic city center on a combined 2.5-hour sightseeing tour. See the Art Deco architecture of the Gr6 ReviewsFrom €56.00
3-Hour Self-Guided Locals' Food Tour
Explore the culinary scene of Madrid like a local on this food tour. With the assistance of an app, you’ll make your way through this popular city and discover its hiddFrom €40.00
Toledo: Full-Day Guided Bus Tour from Madrid
Travel from Madrid on a full-day trip to the imperial city of Toledo, one of Europe’s oldest cities and home to famous works by El Greco. Tour the Gothic cathedral, and27 ReviewsFrom €77.00
Andalucia and Costa del Sol 7-day Tour from Madrid
Soak up the sun on the Mediterranean Coast at Costa del Sol, and tour the cities of Cordoba, Sevilla, Granada and Toledo. This 7-day tour provides guided tours, luxury hoFrom €775.00