Segovia Region Cycle Tour
Explore central Spain's Segovia region on a relaxing guided cycling tour departing from Madrid. See stunning mountain scenery and the imposing ancient sites of historical Segovia.
Are you a business owner in Madrid?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Madrid.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- See the Royal Site of La Granja de San Ildefonso and Segovia's famous Roman Aqueduct
- Enjoy a delicious local lunch of Roast Suckling Pig or Roast Baby Lamb
- Explore the Gothic Cathedral, San Lorenzo Square and the Clamores and Eresma rivers
- Admire wonderful views of Sierra Guadarrama mountain range
DescriptionDeparting central Madrid by minibus, this exciting cycle tour of Segovia starts at the royal Palace of La Granja de San Ildefonso. Before climbing into the saddle, there is opportunity to explore the scenic gardens and tour a fascinating glass museum. The tour follows a comfortable cycling lane to the nearby city of Segovia, where you will be able to explore its myriad historic attractions. Taking prominence is the immense Roman-built Segovia Aqueduct. Complete with 166 arche, it is one of the finest examples of its kind in the world. Lunch is served in a local restaurant specializing in the regional delicacy of roast suckling pig. From the terrace you will enjoy superb views of the Gothic cathedral and the city's main square. After lunch, the tour continues to the fortress of Alcazar and the chance to visit other historical landmarks such as the Santa Maria del Parral monastery and Vera Cruz church. This scenic route follows the picturesque rivers of Clamores and Eresma. At the end of the cycle tour of Segovia it is time to transfer back to Madrid. You will receive a photo album by mail after the tour.
IncludesTransport from our office by minibus to La Granja (a royal palace) close to Segovia and back ( 1 hour each way by road) Rental of hybrid bike, helmets and technical support, water & snacks Visit of the gardens at the the royal site 'La Granja' Visit to the glass works museum Guided cycling tour from La Granja to Segovia and Segovia city tour Sit-down, set menu lunch at a typical restaurant by the Segovia’s Plaza Mayor (main square) three course meal including dessert and drinks Entrance fees Gratuities
- The tour takes place on Tuesdays and at weekends, but can be arranged for any other day by agreement between the customer and Bravo Bike, giving a week's advance notice, stating the preferred date. A minimum of 4 participants is required for the tour. On making your reservation, please provide detail of participants' heights so that appropriate bikes can be selected Please consult us for parties of less than four as well as for discounts for parties of 10 or more. Another option, but only for advanced cyclists, is to cross the 'Guadarrama Sierra' range, starting our ride with a steep uphill climb from the town of Cercedilla, reaching the Fuenfría mountain pass and then downhill to Valsain, 'La Granja' and on to the city of Segovia. A great experience with some off-road tracks, but superb views all the way. The 9 kms (6 miles) ascent is followed by a welcome descent of 14 kms (9 miles), partly on forest tracks and paved roads.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
- Best Seller
4-Day Portugal Tour from Lisbon and Fatima
Explore the Portuguese capital on a 4-day tour to Lisbon, and visit one of Portugal’s most important pilgrim sites at Fátima. En route, see the walled city of Caceres,9 ReviewsFrom €403.00
Casa de Campo Park 2–Hour Segway Tour
The most natural Segway tour in Madrid in the city's biggest park is waiting for you!2 ReviewsFrom €39.00
Best of 3-Hour Guided Bike Tour in Small Groups
Enjoy a 3-hour guided bicycle tour through Madrid. See the city’s most famous monuments, landmarks, squares and parks while riding a comfortable bicycle in a lively and92 ReviewsFrom €25.00
'Emociones' Live Flamenco Performance
Enjoy a spellbinding live Flamenco dance performance at the world's first Flamenco theater. See up close a captivating authentic Andulacian tradition. Allow yourself to b25 ReviewsFrom €27.00
Toledo: Full-Day Excursion from Madrid
Toledo, known as the City of 3 Cultures, was a place where Christians, Arabs, and Jews coexisted for centuries. Take a walking tour of the historic center and the old Jew21 ReviewsFrom €65.00
Cities of Andalusia, Costa del Sol & Toledo: 8-Day Tour
Explore the historic cities Cordoba, Seville, Granada, and Toledo. Visit the Alhambra in Granada and take in an optional gypsy zambra flamenco show at Sacromonte square.From €890.00
Private City Tour Madrid with Driver and Guide
Take this opportunity to enjoy a great Madrid experience during this 4 hour private tour of the city with your own private guide and private luxury vehicle with driver. EFrom €59.00
Flamenco Show in the Center of Madrid
Discover everything about the exciting art form of Flamenco in the heart of Madrid. Learn about the history and culture of this Spanish art form, whilst watching a Flamen
Private Highlights and Hidden Gems of Madrid Tour
Immerse yourself in Madrid’s story and discover Spain’s capital with a local. Get to know the history, admire the must see highlights and uncover its amazing hidden g2 ReviewsFrom €25.00
Discover Madrid from Barcelona by High-Speed Train
Take a full-day trip to Madrid from Barcelona by high-speed train in just over three hours. Once in the capital, see the sights and enjoy the city with the ease of a hop-From €249.00