My Guide Website?
From Madrid: El Escorial and Valley's Basilica Half Day Tour317 Reviews
Travel to Escorial from Madrid for a tour of the Monastery of San Lorenzo de El Escorial and the historical royal monuments. You'll also visit the Valley of the Fallen, and tour the basilica.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Madrid:If youʻre booking your trip to Madrid last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Madrid: 1-Hour Traditional Flamenco Show at Centro Cultural
- From Madrid: Ribera del Duero Tour of 3 Different Wineries
- Spain: Europe eSim Mobile Data Plan
- Madrid: Private 3-Hour Tour
- From Madrid: Toledo & Segovia with Optional Ávila Tour
- Learn about the history of Spain and the Spanish monarchy
- See the Cloister of the 4 Evangelists, the Palace of Philip II, and the Royal Pantheon
- Visit the Valley of the Fallen and see the interior of the basilica
DescriptionOn this 5-hour tour from Madrid, you’ll begin with a visit to the Monastery of El Escorial. It was built under the reign of powerful King Philip II as a residence for Spanish kings, a monastery, and a royal pantheon. It became a symbol of the great power of the Spanish Empire at that time. The monument was declared to be of artistic and historic importance and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The Valley of the Fallen was built in 1936, about 9 kilometers from Escorial, as a memorial to those who died during the Spanish Civil War. Situated in a beautiful valley in the Guadarrama Mountains, this impressive work features a cross standing more than 150 meters high, as well as a basilica and crypt built into the hard rock under the mountain. The tour includes admission to the Valley as well as a visit to the basilica’s interior.
IncludesTransportation Tour guide Entrance and guided visit to the Monastery Entrance to the Valley of the Fallen and the Basilica Audio headset
- It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes