My Guide Website?
Madrid: Guided Walking Tour of Monasterio de las Descalzas53 Reviews
Discover the Descalzas Reales Monastery with a guided walking tour. Learn of the most amazing legends and stories of the most beautiful monastery of cloistered nuns in Madrid.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Madrid:If youʻre booking your trip to Madrid last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Madrid: 1-Hour Traditional Flamenco Show at Centro Cultural
- From Madrid: Ribera del Duero Tour of 3 Different Wineries
- Spain: Europe eSim Mobile Data Plan
- Madrid: Private 3-Hour Tour
- From Madrid: Toledo & Segovia with Optional Ávila Tour
- Discover one of the most beautiful monasteries in Madrid
- Visit the Cloister, the main staircase, the Hall of Tapestries, and the Choir Room
- Marvel at the thousands of works of art by famous painters
- Explore the interior and exterior of Monsterio de las Descalzas
- Learn the legends and stories of what was once the richest convent in Europe
DescriptionExplore the Monastery of Descalzas Reales Monastery on a guided tour and learn the stories and legends of what was once the richest convent in all of Europe. Allow your guide to take you through history, as you admire impressive paintings, staircases, and the many rooms within the building. Meet your guide at the Plaza de las Descalzas, right in front of the entrance door to the Monastery to begin the tour. Arrive at the entrance of the Monastery of the Descalzas Reales and listen to an explanation of its facade and exterior, before entering inside. Admire important areas of the building's interior, such as the cloister, through which passes the Procession of the Holy Burial that takes place every year on Good Friday. Then, contemplate the main staircase, considered by many to be the true jewel of the monument. On the walls, take in the mural paintings created during different periods that adorn the walls. In particular, look up at the ceiling to discover the impressive painting attributed to Claudio Coello. Through the tour, access the Tapestry Room, the Choir Room, and find Plateresque doors, countless works of art of enormous value, and paintings by some of the greatest painters in history such as Zurbarán, Antonio Moro or Luca Giordano.
IncludesSkip-the-line tickets to the Descalzas Reales Monastery Guide in Spanish
- This tour will take place rain or shine There are no public restrooms in the monument