My Guide Website?
Madrid: History of Tapas Walking Tour and Tasting5 Reviews
Discover the history and culture of tapas with the help of a local expert guide. Walk through the old city and the magnificent San Miguel Market to experience some of the best food spots and smells Madrid has to offer.
- Taste the most delicious Spanish cuisine
- Walk through the narrowest streets and markets of the old city
- Share in the traditional culture of eating tapas with friends
- Go to bars and restaurants only known by locals
- Taste wines and beers from all around the country
- Leave Madrid with an experience you'll never forget
DescriptionBenefit from the deep knowledge of a local guide in Madrid's tapas scene with a walking tour and tasting experience. In a small group of no more than 10 people, find some secret spots with great tapas traditions in the old city. See, smell, and taste the astonishing San Miguel Market with its narrow and old-stone city streets and discover the very Spanish tradition of 'going for tapas'. For more than three hundred years, Spaniards from all localities continue to enjoy this custom. It is claimed that King Alfonso X ordered that in the small restaurants of Castile, no wine be served if not accompanied by food. Another version of history claims the origin of tapas lies in the bars and taverns that began to cover glasses with pieces of bread or slices of ham to prevent flies from entering the drink.
IncludesA minimum of 5 stops in markets and local bars and restaurants 8 to 10 tastings of Tapas and shared dishes A drink of wine, beer, or a refreshment of choice per venue The story of Spanish gastronomic history and influences Gratuities Hotel pickup and drop-off
- For groups of more than 10 people please contact in advance of booking
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now