My Guide Website?
Madrid: Prado Museum and El Retiro Park Guided Tour27 Reviews
Enjoy a guided tour of the UNESCO-listed Retiro Park, Paseo del Prado, and a tour of the Prado Museum. All of the places are accompanied by an expert guide.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Madrid:If youʻre booking your trip to Madrid last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore the Prado Museum, one of the finest art museums in the world
- Take a journey through the eyes of Spanish painters at the Prado
- Tour popular El Retiro Park, admiring its monuments and hidden gems
- Discover one of Unesco's World Heritage Sites
DescriptionSee El Retiro's most famous sites including the Crystal Palace, the Philip IV Gate, as well as places that are not listed in guidebooks. El Retiro has more than 19,000 trees of 167 different species, a lake, and a variety of different sculptures, important buildings, and gardens that make the park one of the main attractions in Madrid. Along the way, you'll gain valuable insights from your knowledgeable guide. Then, walk with your guide along the Paseo del Prado until you reach the Prado Museum, which is the main Spanish national art museum. El Prado is widely considered to have one of the world's finest collections of European art, dating from the 12th century to the early 20th century. It's based on the former Spanish Royal Collection, the single best collection of Spanish art in the world. Founded as a museum of painting and sculpture in 1819, it also contains important collections of other types of works. Explore one of the greatest art museums in the world without having to queue. Once you get inside, you'll be able to marvel at the incredible works of Francisco Goya, the most extensively represented artist in the collection, as well as orks by Hieronymus Bosch, El Greco, Peter Paul Rubens, Titian, and Diego Velázquez.
IncludesSkip-the-line entry ticket for the Prado Museum Licensed tour guide Walking tour of El Retiro Park
- Comfortable footwear is recommended
- The tour is not wheelchair accessible
- If you have selected the option with tapas tasting, make your way to the Casa Ciriaco on your own (Calle Mayor 84) when the Prado Tour has finished The visit to the Prado Museum is at 16:15 for the English tour, or at 12:45 for the Spanish tour, at the Goya Statue on Calle Felipe IV, next to the Prado Museum