My Guide Website?
Madrid: Reina Sofía Museum Entrance Ticket2799 Reviews BEST SELLER
Home to Picasso's Guernica, the Centro de Arte Reina Sofia has the most significant collection of contemporary art in Madrid. Other major artists displayed are Dalí and Miro.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Madrid:If youʻre booking your trip to Madrid last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore the Museo Reina Sofía collection, comprising of more than 21,000 works
- Admire the Guernica, Picasso's masterpiece
- Discover around 20 canvases by Salvador Dalí, and his surrealist painting El gran masturbador
- See Joan Miro’s works, defined by his bright primary colors
- Learn about 20th-century Spanish artists
DescriptionVisit the Reina Sofía Museum which represents an intersection of spaces, objects, and times: a place where narratives are woven together and stories told, rendering every intersection meaningful as it leads off in one direction or another, turning it into an intense experience of discovery and knowledge. This is why everything that is exhibited, in all its strangeness, all its questions, has to actually touch the visitor’s everyday reality, bringing about a genuine learning experience. The Museo Reina Sofia’s presentation of its collection posits a multi-narrative journey, which adopts a definite standpoint and not only keeps the mystery inherent in art alive, but also strengthens resistance towards the single, fixed reading. Traditional genres coexist side by side with photography, film, sound and dance. With your full-day ticket, you will have access to more than 21,000 works currently on display in the main building.
IncludesEntrance ticket to the Reina Sofia Museum Booking and handling fee
- The museum is closed on 1 and 6 January, 1 and 16 May, 9 November, and 24, 25, and 31 December 2022
- The museum is free for all from Monday to Saturday: 7 PM–9 PM, Sundays and public holidays: 1:30 PM–7 PM.
- Opening times are Mondays 10 AM–9 PM, Wednesdays to Saturdays 10 AM–9 PM, and Sundays 10 AM–1:30 PM. It is closed every Tuesday and occasionally on Sundays.
- Please note that photos must be taken without flash. Tripods, monopods or any other stabilizing element for cameras is allowed, unless otherwise indicated
- Baby carriers can be borrowed at the locker service counters. Baby carriages and prams are allowed.
- For art conservation, exhibition rooms are kept at a constant temperature of 21ºC
- No animals are allowed, except guide dogs