My Guide Website?
Madrid: Reina Sofía Museum Guided Tour457 Reviews
Enjoy a guided tour of the Reina Sofía Museum, admire 20th-century masterpieces by Picasso, Salvador Dalí, and Joan Miró, among others, and learn about the history of the famous Guernica painting.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Madrid:If youʻre booking your trip to Madrid last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Madrid: Local Tapas and Wine Tour with Drinks & Views
- Madrid: Flamenco Show at Tablao 'Las Tablas' with Drink
- Madrid: Prado Museum Entry Ticket
- From Madrid: Toledo Full Day Trip
- Madrid: Street Art Tour with Local Graffiti Hunter
- Visit one of the most important museums of the national territory: Reina Sofía
- Learn everything about 20th-century art movements, such as Surrealism and Cubism
- Discover the symbolism & art techniques used by each artist on their paintings
- Come to know Picasso's famous anti-war painting: the Guernica
- Enrich your knowledge in Spanish Art History
DescriptionMeet your guide at the Reina Sofía Museum in Madrid. Dedicated to Spanish art, highlights of the museum include super collections of Spain's three greatest 20th-century artists - Pablo Picasso, Salvador Dalí, and Joan Miró. Get a close look at Picasso's 'Guernica' mural-sized oil painting, regarded by many as one of the most powerful anti-war works of art in history. Learn about 20th-century art movements, such as abstract art, cubism, surrealism, and modernism, and admire important works by principal artists in a beautiful museum that was formerly an elegant hospital building. Take a look at the vaulted hallways, and enjoy a walk in the gardens to admire the building from the outside. Explore the hallways and galleries of the museum with your guide, and learn how and why the talented artists on display created their art. Once the guided visit is over, you can stay inside the museum, where you are free to continue exploring it independently. Along with stunning works from Spain, the museum puts on temporary exhibitions by international artists in its many galleries, making it one of the world's largest museums for modern and contemporary art.
IncludesEntrance to the Reina Sofia Museum Professional guide Guided tour Live commentary in English and Spanish
- There are some rooms where it is not permitted to take pictures
- In the rooms where photos are allowed, photos must be taken without flash and without using any camera stabilization (i.e. selfie sticks, tripods, etc.)
- The museum is wheelchair accessible
- Tour is bilingual, simultaneously in English and Spanish