My Guide Website?
Madrid: Retiro park tour
This is a tour that shows the history of El Retiro, it began as a palace for the court of Philip IV until it became a public park in the 19th century. It is the lung of the city, our "central park".
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Madrid:If youʻre booking your trip to Madrid last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Madrid: Local Tapas and Wine Tour with Drinks & Views
- Madrid: Flamenco Show at Tablao 'Las Tablas' with Drink
- Madrid: Prado Museum Entry Ticket
- From Madrid: Toledo Full Day Trip
- Madrid: Street Art Tour with Local Graffiti Hunter
- Discover the Central Madrid limb.
- Stay in a green spot, far from the buildings.
- Dive in little parks (inside of Retiro), magic and curiosities of this park
DescriptionThis is a tour that shows the history of El Retiro, it began as a palace for the court of Philip IV until it became a public park in the 20th century. It is the lung of the city, our 'central park', full of history, curiosities, anecdotes, legends, inescapable buildings and the magic that surrounds the park you can feel on this tour. It is true that people only know the pond and the boats, but in reality there are many secrets that the park keeps and if you want you can see them with me. Do you want to see the evolution it has had since its origins? Sign up and find out with me! We will start on the Fernán Núñez promenade seeing the enigmatic statue of the Fallen Angel, then we will see the remains of the old ceramics factory, the old menagerie, statues, the large pond, mysterious gardens and we will end in the beautiful Parterre Garden that hides the oldest tree in Madrid! For the tour to go out, at least 5 people are necessary. If you bring a pet, please let us know so we know. This tour includes civil liability insurance and additional explanation material. This tour ends in the Jardín del Parterre (in front of the Casón del Buen Retiro).
- This tour may be canceled due to rain, snow, wind, storm or other inclement weather.