My Guide Website?
Segovia Guided Visit, Alcazar & Hiking with High Speed Train1 Reviews
Catch a high-speed train from Madrid & explore the rich cultural landscape of Segovia on a guided day trip. Visit the Alcazar, behold the Roman Aqueduct & enjoy an exclusive hike on its surroundings.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Madrid:If youʻre booking your trip to Madrid last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Madrid: Retiro Park 1.5-Hour Segway Tour
- From Madrid: Toledo Full Day Trip
- Madrid: La Cueva de Lola Flamenco Show Tickets with Drink
- Madrid: Atlantis Aquarium Entry Ticket
- Madrid: The Original Tapas Crawl
- Explore Segovia, UNESCO World Heritage site with a specialist tour guide
- Marvel at Segovia's well-preserved Roman aqueduct.
- Visit the magnificent Royal Alcazar.
- Adventure on an exclusive hiking on Segovia’s surroundings
DescriptionThis incredible experience starts in the most comfortable way, aboard the fastest train in Spain (reaches a top speed of 300 km/h), highlighting its punctuality, avoiding up to 2 hours of delays and traffic jams of big cities and getting to Toledo in just 30 minutes. Get impressed by the countryside you often wouldn't see if you were driving the highway or flying thousands of miles in the air. In ecological terms, train travel remains overall the most environmentally friendly mode of traveling. After a scenic ride, start the adventure discovering the famous Aqueduct of Segovia, a Roman engineering marvel dating back to the 1st century AD. Behold the well-preserved aqueduct stretches through the heart of the city and is an incredible sight. Continue with a soft hike through La Senda de los Molinos, a magnificent walk that unify landscapes, nature, geology and industrial history of the city of Segovia. The path runs between the neighborhoods of San Lorenzo and San Marcos, with a nice walk along the riverbank that brings us closer to its industrial past. This part of the city is somewhat unknown, but has a natural and historical beauty of great value. Enjoy the coolness under the trees while contemplating the beauty of its autochthonous nature and lush vegetation until arriving at the viewpoint of San Marcos, a privileged place to contemplate the Segovian Alcazar from a unique perspective. After hiking, you’ll visit the Alcázar, perched on a hill overlooking the city, its majestic castle that was once home to the kings of Castile. This fortress has a unique appearance with its turreted towers and is said to have inspired Walt Disney's Cinderella Castle. Explore the interior, including the various rooms, halls, and courtyards. Don't miss the Tower of Juan II, which offers panoramic views of Segovia. Then continue through the charming streets of Segovia's Old Town. Admire the medieval buildings, quaint squares, and picturesque alleys. Walk through the Jewish Quarter and the Gothic Cathedral. Don't miss the Plaza Mayor, the main square, where you can relax at a café and soak in the atmosphere. Before returning back to Madrid, you’ll enjoy free time to explore the city on your own, relax or even taste one of the most traditional dishes of Spanish gastronomy ̈Cochinillo ̈ (suckling pig).
IncludesGuided tour in Segovia, given by a professional guide. High-speed train transportation Guided visit to Segovia Old Town. One-hour hiking through Segovia’s surroundings. Entrance and guided visit of the Royal Alcazar of Segovia
- ● Passport number and full names are required to confirm the booking. ● The route of this tour is not designed for people in wheelchairs, walkers or mobility difficulties. A walking tour is carried out, with inclined climbs and stairs, which may affect the itinerary of the activity. ● Not recommended for travelers with back problems, heart problems or other serious medical conditions ● Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level ● Children under 3 years old are free of charge. There is a minimum of people required to operate the tour. In the event that this minimum is not met, customers will be offered an alternative date, another tour of equal or superior value, or a full refund. ● This experience is carried out in a bilingual format (English and Spanish). ● Tour may be affected due to special circumstances ● This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers