My Guide Website?
Madrid: Historical Center 2.5-Hour Guided Walking Tour4 Reviews
Learn the diverse history of Madrid and its most notable former residents on a 2.5 hour guided walking tour. See the largest working royal palace in Europe, marvel at the fresh produce at San Miguel Market and more.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Madrid:If youʻre booking your trip to Madrid last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Discover highlights including Plaza Mayor and Almudena Cathedral
- See the world's oldest restaurant
- Admire the gardens designed by Napoleon's brother
- Choose from a private or small group tour
DescriptionLearn the fascinating history of Madrid on a 2.5-hour walking tour, and travel back in time as you stroll the medieval streets of the historical city center. Marvel at the monuments of Plaza Mayor and admire the Baroque façade of Santa Cruz Palace. See the impressive Almudena Cathedral up close, and learn the curious story about the Casa de la Panaderia (Bakery House) where the city's tourist office is located. Watch the locals going about their everyday life at San Miguel Market. Learn more about the Habsburg rulers of the 16th and 17th centuries, and discover the site of the world's oldest restaurant. Explore the Bourbon history of the city and see main monuments such as the Royal Palace of Madrid and the gardens of Plaza de Oriente. Get a deeper appreciation for the history of notable characters who shaped the history of the city along the way.
IncludesLocal guide 2.5-hour walking tour Private or small group tour options
- A maximum of 10 people are permitted on each tour
- The small group tour will not run without a minimum of 3 participants. You will be offered an alternative date or full refund if the minimum number is not met. Private tours are not subject to minimum numbers
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- This tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or in a wheelchair (wheelchair-friendly tours are available upon request only)
- The route may be affected by national celebrations. You will be provided with an alternative route that covers most of the attractions if this occurs. The local tour operator is unable to provide refunds or discounts
- No large bags or suitcases are permitted
- Wear comfortable shoes and bring a bottle of water, an umbrella in case of rain and a hat during the summer
- Due to increased security measures, some attractions can’t be visited from the inside