My Guide Website?
Madrid Historical Centre & Old Town Walking Tour in French58 Reviews
Discover Madrid on this walking tour. Visit the main and most emblematic attractions of the city center, enjoy the beautiful squares, and the narrow and twisted medieval streets of the Old Town.
- Learn about Madrid and its history
- See the most emblematic attractions in town
- Explore the old town and its tiny and narrow medieval streets
- Find secrets gardens, old remains of demolished churches or hidden and unexpected museums
- Visit La Latina neighbourhood, a beautiful and quiet part of the Old Town
DescriptionMeet your guide at the central square of Puerta Cerrada, a symbolic and interesting departure point. After a short meet and greet with your guide you will start the tour as you stroll through the colorful streets and learn about Madrid's history. Visit the beautiful and famous Mayor Square, explore San Miguel Market and arrive later to Plaza de la Villa, the oldest square in town. Continue towards the famous square of Puerta del Sol, home of the Bear and the Tree statue. Walk through Arenal Street and arrive at the Opera House. Explore the Orient Square and the Sabatini gardens. Admire the impressive Royal Palace, the former residence of the Spanish royal family, and Almudena Cathedral. To finish, follow your guide through the narrow and medieval looking streets of La Latina district. Admire its beautiful and quiet squares, its old churches and local markets. Enjoy the traditional architecture, learn the origins of its name, and find out why this area was once the heart of the city and home to the Patron Saint of Madrid.
IncludesFrench-speaking guide Small-group or private tour (depending on option selected) Customized itinerary
- • Free cancellation up to 24 hours before activity starts. • In case of rain, bring your umbrella. Last-minute cancellations in case of rain or bad weather won't be rescheduled and will receive no refund. • In case of a no-show, the tour won't be rescheduled and you will not receive a refund. The local partner classifies a no-show as 30 minutes late, with no contact