Madrid: Secrets of Retiro Park 2-Hour Walking Tour1 Reviews
Enjoy a guided walking tour inside the Buen Retiro Park, one of the most famous urban gardens in Madrid, and discover its history and incredible secrets.
- Visit the Buen Retiro Park, a historic garden and one of the most important attractions in Madrid
- See the Alfonso XII statue, the Crystal Palace, the Parterre, and the Felipe IV Gate
- Learn the history behind important monuments from a Spanish-speaking guide
- Explore architectural works such as the Royal Astronomical Observatory, the Artichoke Fountain, and San Isidro ruins
DescriptionMeet the professional guide at Puerta de España and embark on a journey through the 290-acre park, learning the history of the statue of Alfonso XII, the Crystal Palace, the Great Pond, the Parterre, the Felipe IV Gate, the Royal Astronomical Observatory, and the Artichoke Fountain along the way. You will also see the San Isidro ruins from the Romanesque period and contemplate architectural, sculptural, and landscape ensembles constructed between the 17th and 21st centuries. Learn how the Retiro was used as an urban park in 1767 when Carlos III agreed to use it for recreational events and in 1868 was taken under the ownership of the Madrid City Hall. During the French invasion, a big part of the original layout was destroyed and vestiges from the 17th and 18th centuries still remain.
IncludesGuide All taxes included Food and drinks Hotel pick up and drop-off
- Please note that the discounted student price is only available for students up to 25 holding a valid student card
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability