Madrid: Tour of the Historic City Center46 Reviews
Discover the fascinating architecture in Madrid’s historic center on this exciting 3.5-hour tour. Visit the most beautiful sights of the city, discover quaint taverns, learn about the history of Madrid, and enjoy the views from the viewing terraces.
- Discover the old center of Madrid, built during the Habsburg Dynasty
- Explore the Literary Quarter with its exciting stories from the Golden Age
- Admire the Church of San Ginés, the Convent of Las Descalzas Reales, the Royal Palace of Madrid, and Almudena Cathedral
- Visit the covered Market of San Miguel and Plaza Mayor
- Admire the view of the city from the famous terraces
- Get exclusive insider tips on Madrid
- See the Palace of the Councils, the Plaza de la Villa, and the Torre de los Lujanes
- Visit the Monastery of Corpus Christi las Carboneras and the Plaza de la Paja
- Explore the taverns and tapas bars on Cava Baja street
DescriptionDiscover Madrid and its fascinating architecture on this exciting tour. Start the tour at Puerta del Sol and walk past the stunning sights such as the Church of San Ginés, the Convent of Las Descalzas Reales, the Royal Palace of Madrid, and Almudena Cathedral. Learn all about the history of Madrid as you wander through the narrow streets off the main roads. In addition to the Palace of the Councils and the Plaza de la Villa, you also see the Torre de los Lujanes and hear interesting anecdotes before you continue on to the Monastery of Corpus Christi las Carboneras and the Plaza de la Paja. Admire the old Cava Baja street, which is known for its taverns and tapas bars. The covered Market of San Miguel, Plaza Mayor, and the Literary Quarter are further highlights on the tour that provide exciting stories of the Golden Age. After the tour you can mark further attractions and quaint taverns on your map to explore later on. You can also enjoy the view from a viewing terrace at the end of the tour upon request.
IncludesGuided tour Stops at the sights Additional tourist information Warning about tourist traps Restaurant suggestions Entrance fees Gratuities
- The tour route was designed by Spanish architects, and covers not only the history and culture of Madrid but also the architectural value of the buildings.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY