Best Tapas Restaurants in Fuencarral
Local Recommendations from our My Guide Madrid team
When we say Tapas, we are talking about an ancient gastronomy tradition in Spain. It said that it was created by King Alfonso XII, when he stopped to rest a while on the way to somewhere. He was drinking wine, it was summer, and flies were a mess.
The waiter covered the glass of wine with a slice of bread and cured ham to protect it against them. The King liked it and asked the waiter to serve the same to his companion. Since that time Tapas have evolved and become a hallmark of our gastronomy appreciated worldwide.
Book Top Experiences and Tours in Madrid:If youʻre booking your trip to Madrid last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Madrid: La Cueva de Lola Flamenco Show Tickets with Drink
- Madrid: Local Tapas and Wine Tour with Drinks & Views
- From Madrid: Avila and Segovia Full-Day Tour
- Madrid: 24 or 48 Hour Hop-On Hop-Off Sightseeing Bus Tour
- Madrid: Segovia & Avila Day Trip with Optional Entry Tickets