My Guide Website?
From Madrid: El Escorial, Valley and Toledo Day Trip2 Reviews
This combined full-day tour includes a half-day visit to the Monastery of El Escorial and the Valley of the Fallen, followed by a half-day excursion to Toledo in the afternoon.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Madrid:If youʻre booking your trip to Madrid last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Madrid: Local Tapas and Wine Tour with Drinks & Views
- Madrid: Flamenco Show at Tablao 'Las Tablas' with Drink
- Madrid: Prado Museum Entry Ticket
- From Madrid: Toledo Full Day Trip
- Madrid: Street Art Tour with Local Graffiti Hunter
- Visit the impressive Monastery of El Escorial, built as a residence for Spanish kings
- See the memorial to those who died in Spain’s civil war in the Valley of the Fallen
- Enjoy a guided walk through Toledo and take in its many historic monuments
DescriptionBegin your full-day tour with a morning visit to the Monastery of El Escorial, built under the reign of powerful King Philip II as a residence for Spanish kings. See the Monastery and Pantheon of the Royal Family at this site that was declared a monument of Artistic and Historic Interest, and Mankind Heritage. Your tour includes the Monastery, the Cloister of the 4 Evangelists, the Palace of Philip II, the Pantheon of the Royal Family, the Chapterhouses, and the Basilica. The Valley of the Fallen is a memorial to those who died during the Spanish Civil War. Situated in a beautiful valley in the mountains of Guadarrama, this impressive work features a colossal cross standing over 150 meters high, and Basilica and Crypt excavated in the rock under the mountain. This tour includes admission to the Valley and a visit inside the Basilica. On arrival in Toledo you’ll take a panoramic walking tour of the city, entering the old quarter to visit the Plaza del Ayuntamiento, and admire the façade of the impressive Primate Cathedral, the old Palace of Justice, and the City Hall. Continue your walk through the narrow streets of the old Jewish quarter to the Church of St. Tomé, home to the famous El Greco painting, The Burial of Count Orgaz. You’ll also visit the old Synagogue of Ste. Maria la Blanca, which remains as a symbol of the coexistence of the 3 Cultures. Afterwards you’ll visit a typical damasquino factory to see this well-known handicraft art form of Toledo.
IncludesAir-conditioned bus transportation Official Guide Skip-the-line tickets to the Monastery of El Escorial and Valley of Cuelgamuros Toledo's old town walking tour
- This tour includes a stop in Madrid at lunch time (2:00 pm approx) after the visit of El Escorial and Valley. Then you will continue to Toledo at 3pm according to the itinerary