My Guide Website?
Madrid Region Wineries: Guided Tour and Tastings93 Reviews
Take a trip to the best wineries in the Madrid region on a wine tasting tour. Accompanied by a bilingual expert guide, visit 3 wineries and taste fine local wines.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Madrid:If youʻre booking your trip to Madrid last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Madrid: Local Tapas and Wine Tour with Drinks & Views
- Madrid: Flamenco Show at Tablao 'Las Tablas' with Drink
- Madrid: Prado Museum Entry Ticket
- From Madrid: Toledo Full Day Trip
- Madrid: Street Art Tour with Local Graffiti Hunter
- Visit the picturesque countryside surrounding Madrid
- Tour 3 wineries and taste local wines
- Receive your introduction to the area from local guides
DescriptionThe wine country of the Madrid region is just a short drive from the city center. The picturesque countryside is home to wineries that blend tradition and innovation. On this full-day tour we’ll visit 3 wineries where you’ll learn about winemaking and the history of wine in this part of Spain. The Madrid region’s wineries have supplied the capital with wine from the time the Castilians conquered the city occupied by the Moors. Winemaking has been carried out for over 900 years on the fertile river bank area where the Manzanares, Tajuña, Jarama, Henares and Tajo rivers meet. You’ll see the clay vats and centennial caves and the vineyards with seemingly endless rows of tempranillo grapes used in making Spain’s full-bodied red wines. You’ll also taste wines at each of the wineries you visit. South of the Sierra de Guadarrama's granite foothills are the environmentally protected territories where the wine suppliers to the thirsty and growing new capital of the 16th-century Spanish Empire grew their grapes and made their wines. The wines produced here were celebrated in the writings of Cervantes and all the Golden Century writers and painters, and from the Royal Palace to every tavern in the city.
IncludesRound-trip transportation from Madrid Bilingual expert guide 3 winery visits Wine tasting Snacks
- Children under 12 years cannot take part in the tour