Convento de la Encarnación


The Royal Monastery of Encarnación was founded in 1611 by King Felipe II and his wife Margarita de Austria.  It has important paintings and sculptures from the XVII and XVIII centuries with pieces by Lucas Jordan and Pedro de Mena. The reliquary is the main treasury with about 700 pieces in bronze, coral, and ivory, from Italy and the Netherlands.