Historical Center 2.5-Hour Guided Walking Tour
Learn the diverse history of Madrid and its most notable former residents on a 2.5 hour guided walking tour. See the largest working royal palace in Europe, marvel at the fresh produce at San Miguel Market and more.
Are you a business owner in Madrid?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Madrid.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Discover highlights including Plaza Mayor and Almudena Cathedral
- See the world's oldest restaurant
- Admire the gardens designed by Napoleon's brother
- Choose from a private or small group tour
DescriptionLearn the fascinating history of Madrid on a 2.5-hour walking tour, and travel back in time as you stroll the medieval streets of the historical city center. Marvel at the monuments of Plaza Mayor and admire the Baroque façade of Santa Cruz Palace. See the impressive Almudena Cathedral up close, and learn the curious story about the Casa de la Panaderia (Bakery House) where the city's tourist office is located. Watch the locals going about their everyday life at San Miguel Market. Learn more about the Habsburg rulers of the 16th and 17th centuries, and discover the site of the world's oldest restaurant. Explore the Bourbon history of the city and see main monuments such as the Royal Palace of Madrid and the gardens of Plaza de Oriente. Get a deeper appreciation for the history of notable characters who shaped the history of the city along the way.
IncludesLocal guide 2.5-hour walking tour Private or small group tour options Hotel pick-up and drop off Food and drinks Optional gratuities
- A maximum of 10 people are permitted on each tour
- The small group tour will not run without a minimum of 3 participants. You will be offered an alternative date or full refund if the minimum number is not met. Private tours are not subject to minimum numbers
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- This tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or in a wheelchair
- The route may be affected by national celebrations. You will be provided with an alternative route that covers most of the attractions if this occurs. The local tour operator is unable to provide refunds or discounts
- No large bags or suitcases are permitted
- Wear comfortable shoes and bring a bottle of water, an umbrella in case of rain and a hat during the summer
- Due to increased security measures, some attractions can’t be visited from the inside
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Original and Genuine Segway I2 Experience
A guided, 2-hour Segway tour through Madrid using state-of-the-art Segways. Once trained and confident, you will explore the highlights of the city, including some spots60 ReviewsFrom €30.00
3-Day Costa del Sol & Extremadura Sightseeing Tour
Discover the magic and wonders of Spain on this fun 3-day, 2-night holiday package. See the land of the conquistadors, walk through Sevilla, or just sit back and relax onFrom €270.00
3-Hour Walking Tour in Portuguese
Discover the historical center of the city and hear the whole story of Madrid from creation to the present day. See where the court of the Austrians settled so long ago aFrom €26.00
Madrid Panoramic Bus Tour
Take this exciting morning tour in Madrid and explore and learn about the most interesting places around the city. Observe the different historical buildings, monuments,5 ReviewsFrom €24.00
Guided Tour of Toledo and Toledo Cathedral
Discover the incredible city of Toledo. View the casting of a traditional sword in an artisan blacksmith's forge and enjoy a fully guided tour of Toledo Cathedral. VisitFrom €135.00
Private Guide & Transport to Prado Museum
Enjoy the amazing Prado Museum, and brief city tour of Madrid, with your private official tour guide with separate chauffeur. You will get to know the best part of this g1 ReviewsFrom €90.00
Toledo: Full-Day Excursion from Madrid
Toledo, known as the City of 3 Cultures, was a place where Christians, Arabs, and Jews coexisted for centuries. Take a walking tour of the historic center and the old Jew21 ReviewsFrom €65.00
Customized Night Tour with a Private Guide
Feel the excitement of Madrid after dark on a 4-hour private tour customized to your preferences. Admire iconic monuments floodlit for the night, discover hidden district2 ReviewsFrom €17.40
Discover the City Center on a Tuk-Tuk
This tuk-tuk tour will introduce you to the most important places and monuments in Madrid's city center. Choose where you want to spend your time on this flexible, quickFrom €140.00
Madrid Segway Tour
Zip through the streets on a Madrid Segway Tour! Cruise past the Gran Via, Plaza de Espana, the Temple de Debod, and more. Select a 1.5-hour or 2.5-hour Segway tour and r76 ReviewsFrom €35.00