Skip-the-Line Royal Palace of Madrid and Guided Walking Tour
Skip the long lines to the Royal Palace of Madrid and marvel at the opulent décor of the largest working royal palace in Europe. Then, stroll the historic city center and learn its fascinating history on a small group or private walking tour.
Are you a business owner in Madrid?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Madrid.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Skip the long lines to look inside the Royal Palace of Madrid
- Marvel at the opulent décor of Europe's largest working royal palace
- See the highlights of Madrid city center on a guided walking tour
- Choose between a private and small group option
DescriptionEnter the Royal Palace of Madrid without waiting in line, and see some of the 3,000 rooms of Europe's largest working royal palace. Marvel at the staircase by Sabatini and visit the Throne Room to admire the ceiling painting by Tiepolo. Enter the Royal Pharmacy containing cabinets of medicinal plants and formulas dispensed to the monarchy. Discover a collection of stringed instruments by Stradivari in the Royal Chapel. Then, explore the historical city center on a walking tour. Follow your guide down medieval streets to sites such as Plaza Mayor and Almudena Cathedral. Learn the curious story about the Casa de la Panaderia (Bakery House) and marvel at the fresh produce at San Miguel Market. Hear about the Habsburg rulers of the 16th and 17th centuries, and discover the world's oldest restaurant. Explore the city's Bourbon history and stroll in the gardens of Plaza de Oriente. Get a deeper appreciation for the notable characters who shaped the history of the city along the way.
IncludesEntrance fees Lunch break (cost of lunch not included) Professional art historian guide Guaranteed skip-the-line entry Optional gratuities Hotel pick-up and drop off Food and drinks Access to special events Access to temporary exhibitions Access to closed areas
- Small group tours need a minimum of 2 participants to operate. An alternative date or full refund will be offered if the minimum number is not met
- All tours operate with no more than 8 people • The Royal Palace museum is subject to closure without warning. You will be provided with an alternative if the opening time is delayed by more than 1 hour from the tour start time. No refunds or discounts are provided • The route may be affected by national celebrations. You will be provided with an alternative route that covers most of the highlights if this occurs. No refunds or discounts are provided • Appropriate dress is required for entry to some sites • No large bags or suitcases are allowed inside the Royal Palace of Madrid
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
El Escorial and Valley of the Fallen Tour from Madrid
Explore the royal residence of El Escorial on a 5-hour coach tour from Madrid, and visit the Royal Palace, Pantheon, Pantheons of the Princes, Chapter House, and Library9 ReviewsFrom €60.00
From 7-Day Small Group Tour of Andalusia & Toledo
Learn about the history of Spain, as well as the conflict between the Moors and Christians, on this small group tour from Madrid. Experience guided tours of Cordoba, SeviFrom €1,670.00
Madrid iVenture Card: The Must-See Attractions in Your Hand
The iVenture smart card is the best way to see all the important attractions in Madrid. Convenient, flexible, and economical, the card provides access to Madrid’s museu8 ReviewsFrom €78.00
- Best Seller
Segovia and Avila: Full-Day Tour from Madrid
Join this full-day tour to visit Segovia and Avila from Madrid. You will travel by a comfortable bus with air conditioning and enjoy a guided walking tour of each destina36 ReviewsFrom €51.60
Royal Palace and Tourist Bus with Tapas
With this incredible combo, you will discover the Royal Palace of Madrid with a professionally guided tour. After, jump on board our tapas bus to enjoy the unique experie3 ReviewsFrom €55.00
- Best Seller
Full-Day Avila and Segovia Tour from Madrid
Take an excursion to visit two of Spain’s oldest cities on a full-day coach trip from Madrid. Avila and Segovia are known as Spain’s “Heritage of Mankind” cities,91 ReviewsFrom €74.00
Toledo Half-Day Tour from Madrid
Explore the majestic medieval architecture and winding streets of Toledo on a 5-hour tour from Madrid. Learn about the harmonious co-existence of Moors, Christians, and J32 ReviewsFrom €48.00
Tour Inside the Prado Museum with Skip-The-Line Tickets
Take a guided tour through one of Europe's most premier galleries, The Prado Museum. Bypass all the queues with this skip-the-line ticket and enjoy the wealth of knowledgFrom €39.00
From Full-Day All-Inclusive Trip to Toledo
Enjoy a magnificent full-day all-inclusive excursion to Toledo from Madrid by luxury bus, during which everything is taken care of, including entrance to 4 monuments, pan40 ReviewsFrom €88.80
Guided Tour Prado Museum in English
Visit one of the most important art galleries in the world. Skip the line and explore the greatest master pieces displayed in Prado Museum. Gaze at inspiring artworks byFrom €39.00