My Guide Website?
Evening Tapas and Wine Tasting Tour with a Local
, Cava Baja Neighborhood https://www.myguidemadrid.com/events/evening-tapas-and-wine-tasting-tour-with-a-local
Madrid: Evening Tapas and Wine Tasting Tour with a Local
- Discover the secrets of the Spanish tapas culture on a group or private tour
- Taste samples of tapas while you enjoy the lively Madrid bar atmosphere
- Explore Spain’s culinary scene from the perspective of a local
- Get a taste for Madrid’s culinary history
- Join a carbon neutral tour, organized and led by an eco-certified tour operator
DescriptionIn Spain, tapas are more than just food—they're a social and cultural activity meant to be enjoyed in company. Some are elaborate plates full of food; others are bite-sized dishes of olives or potato chips. Some are hot; some are cold. Rather than sitting at a table, people commonly eat their tapas standing up at the bar or at small tables. It stands to reason, because tapas are informal, and the bars are often busy. Get an authentic taste of local bites and drinks on this guided tasting tour around Madrid. Explore local favorites like La Latina and Plaza Mayor on foot, tasting Spanish specialties, traditional sweets, wine, and more along the way. Your tapas adventure begins in Plaza de la Villa, the old main square in central Madrid. After a brief introduction to the city and its tapas credentials, head towards Mercado de San Miguel, the first gourmet market in all of Spain and liveliest culinary spots in the city. While walking alongside stalls and tapas bars offering a wide variety of treats you will learn about the importance of Spanish market culture. From there we will hear to local tavern under Plaza Mayor, where we’ll start with an aperitivo, what else?! Spain is a well-known cheese producing nation, offering the world such cheesy delights as manchego. We’ll try some delicious Spanish cheese and the famous tortilla de patata, alongsidea glass of vermouth of course Next, we’ll head to the pulsating barrio La Latina to explore its narrow lanes and fascinating history. This neighbourhood is ultra trendy right now and is popular with locals for its vibrant food and drink scene. We will stop at the tavern, where you will have a chance to taste a very local liquor that any lover of Madrid knows about. The Madroño goes well together with some red meat, so let`s taste some Spanish Chorizo. From there, we will head back to the oldest part of Madrid, as we walk, we’ll continue to chat about the city’s history and food culture. Our next food stop, right in the heart of Plaza Mayor is to try the iconic bocadillo de calamares, the famous sandwich of the city. To wash it down, we’ll try some local beer too! Back on the streets, your local guide will point out interesting sights and alternative food and drink stops for you to explore on your own as we head to our penultimate foodie highlight of the day. The perfect snack at any time of day are the shrimps. We’ll try some of Madrid’s most famous shrimps together with some Spanish house wine, red or white is you to choose from. After that we will walk towards Puerta del Sol, one of the most iconic spots of Madrid and finish our tapas adventure with a local dessert. Once you’ve finished your dessert, your guide will take you back to Puerta del Sol, where they can help you out with directions back to your accommodation or ideas on where to go next!
IncludesLocal English-speaking guide One drink and tapa at each stop (5 tasting stops) – you can expect tasty cheese, tortilla, a bocadillo de calamari sandwich, some form of potatoes, a Spanish dessert and much more) 6 alcoholic drinks (or non-alcoholic drinks)
- This tour is organized and led by the world's largest travel B-Corp certified company. B-Corp Certification measures a company’s social and environmental impacts and responsible tourism practices
- If you have allergies to certain foods, please let the local operator know in advance.
- Comfortable clothing and walking shoes are recommended.
- Note that the child policy includes children from 6-11 years of age inclusively. Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour.
- Please bring a water bottle, sunscreen, and a hat during the summer months.