My Guide Website?
Madrid: Evening Tapas and Wine Tasting Tour with a Local7 Reviews
From Madrid’s oldest taverns to its hip modern hangouts, this is your chance to indulge in tapas – Spain’s most delectable gastronomic treat. Learn some professional tapas tips along the way, as you savor the flavors at popular spots in 3 neighborhoods.
- Discover the secrets of the Spanish tapas culture on a group or private tour
- Taste samples of tapas while you enjoy the lively Madrid bar atmosphere in three different neighbourhoods
- Explore Spain’s culinary scene from the perspective of a local
- Get a taste for Madrid’s culinary history, mixing up the modern gourmet market scene, historical taverns, and new trendy tapas bars
- Join a carbon neutral tour, organized and led by an eco-certified tour operator
DescriptionGet an authentic taste of local bites and drinks on this guided tasting tour around Madrid. Explore local favorites like La Latina and Plaza Mayor on foot, tasting Spanish specialties, traditional sweets, wine, and more along the way. Your tapas adventure begins in Plaza de la Villa, the old main square in central Madrid. After a brief introduction to the city and its tapas credentials, head towards Mercado de San Miguel, the first gourmet market in all of Spain, for the first of many food tastings. Try traditional vermouth and taste some of Spain’s most succulent olives. Enjoy a glass of wine and sample some of the best cheeses on offer in the market. Next, head to the pulsating barrio of La Latina to explore its narrow lanes and fascinating history. La Latina is ultra-trendy and is popular with locals for its vibrant food and drink scene. Visit a tiny restaurant off the beaten path that is well known for its traditional tapas dishes - with a fusion twist! From there, you will head back to the oldest part of Madrid and you will learn about the city’s history and food culture along the way. Your guide will point out some artisanal stores where you can pick up authentic, handmade souvenirs. Your next stop, right in the heart of Plaza Mayor, is to try the iconic bocadillo de calamares, the famous sandwich of the city. Back on the streets, your local guide will point out interesting sights and alternative food and drink stops for you to explore on your own. At the penultimate stop, try some of Madrid’s most famous croquettes at a heritage tavern, originally built in 1860 and which only specializes in these treats. Your final stop will be at of the most iconic spots in Madrid. Finish your tapas adventure with local dessert and sweet wines in yet another historic location. This joint has been run by the same family for over 100 years, serving a traditional Spanish dessert that might just remind you of something familiar. Once you’ve finished your dessert, your guide will take you back to Puerta del Sol, where they can help you out with directions back to your accommodation or ideas on where to go next.
IncludesLocal English-speaking guide One drink and tapa at each stop (5 tasting stops) Including a cheese and olive tasting, a bocadillo de calamares sandwich, a croquette tasting, and a Spanish dessert) plus 5 alcoholic drinks and 1 hot drink
- This tour is organized and led by the world's largest travel B-Corp certified company. B-Corp Certification measures a company’s social and environmental impacts and responsible tourism practices If you have allergies to certain foods, please let the local operator know in advance.
- Comfortable clothing and walking shoes are recommended.
- Note that the child policy includes children from 6-11 years of age inclusively. Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour.
- Comfortable clothes and walking shoes are recommended. Please bring a water bottle, sunscreen, and a hat during the summer months.
- Effective Sept 1, 2021, travelers 18+ must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Children 6-17 must present a negative COVID-19 test (PCR or lateral flow) conducted maximum 72 hours prior, proof of recovery dated up to 9 months or proof of vaccination. View full policy at urbanadventures.com/vaccine.