My Guide Website?
From Madrid: Segovia and La Granja Full-Day Guided Tour34 Reviews
Explore the palace and gardens of La Granja de San Ildefonso in the foothills of the Sierra de Guadarrama mountains on a day trip from Madrid. Marvel at the monuments of the historic city of Segovia, and feast on regional produce at an optional lunch.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Madrid:If youʻre booking your trip to Madrid last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore the summer residence of the kings of Spain at the Royal Palace of La Granja
- Take a guided tour of the UNESCO World Heritage city of Segovia
- Enjoy an optional lunch of local produce, or stroll the streets of Segovia on your own
- Benefit from the services of an English and Spanish-speaking guide
DescriptionEscape the hustle and bustle of Madrid for the day and journey to the mountains of the Sierra de Guadarrama, where you will explore the historic city of Segovia and admire its main attractions and UNESCO World Heritage monuments. Start with a visit to the Royal Palace of La Granja de San Ildefonso ('La Granja') and discover its beautiful gardens and Baroque buildings. Located 11 kilometers (6.8 miles) from Segovia, 'La Granja' was the summer residence of the kings of Spain from the 1720s. Surrounded by extensive gardens with sculptural fountains, it is now open to the public as a museum. Continue to Segovia to visit the unusual fortress of the Alcázar and see the Roman Aqueduct. Get a panoramic view of Segovia Cathedral and the church of San Martín, along with many other monuments. Go to Plaza del Azoguejo to experience the best preserved area of the city. Learn more about its history, architecture and construction, dating back to Roman times and the 'Golden Age' of the Middle Ages. Book the lunch option, and you will enjoy a lunch of local produce between your tour of La Granja and Segovia. Otherwise, benefit from some free time to stroll the streets of Segovia independently.
IncludesTransportation Bilingual guide Visit to the Alcázar of Segovia and La Granja (if option selected) Lunch (if option selected)
- Lunch is included if option selected on booking. In this case you will eat together with the rest of the group. Otherwise, you are free to explore Segovia on your own
- The streets of Toledo are narrow and paved so although this is an accessible tour, people with limited mobility may have difficulties accessing some parts of the city