My Guide Website?
El Escorial & Basilica of the Valley 5-Hour Guided Tour114 Reviews
Experience the grandeur of the Royal Monastery of El Escorial, a World Heritage Site and a symbol of 16th-century Spanish power. Visit the Basilica of the Valley of the Fallen, carved into the mountain in the Sierra de Madrid, and marvel at the views.
- Visit the Monastery of El Escorial and tour the Habsburgs Palace
- See the Kings and Princes Mausoleum
- Marvel at the enormous Basilica of the Valley of the Fallen
DescriptionAfter meeting with your guide, get away from the bustle of the city on a comfortable air-conditioned coach. At the first stop, enjoy a guided tour through the Royal Monastery of El Escorial, an architectural ensemble declared World Heritage site by UNESCO. Built in the 15th century, it is a symbol of the power of the government at the time. Learn about the impressive Royal Mausoleum and the story behind the 21 years of construction time. Marvel at the symmetry of the Renaissance style building. Listen to your guide's commentaries as you explore the Habsburg’s Palace, the Chapter House, the Basilica, and the remarkable library. Then, board your bus again for a short drive to the Valley of the Fallen. The site is located 9 kilometers away from El Escorial, in Sierra de Guadarrama. This enormous monument, built between 1940 and 1959, is carved into the mountain, 1,350 meters up. An impressive 150-meter-high cross stands over the magnificent nature reserve of Madrid’s mountain range, which can be seen from miles away.
IncludesAir-conditioned motor coach Bilingual guide Audio headset Entrance to the Royal Monastery of El Escorial Entrance to the Valley of the Fallen and the Basilica Lunch Gratuities
- Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- The duration of the tour includes the round-trip transfers.
- It is kindly requested that visitors do not take photos or film inside the exhibitions.
- Please note, the guide is not permitted to provide commentary inside the Basilica of the Valley of the Fallen.
- Please note that the itinerary is subject to change
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now