My Guide Website?
Madrid: Guided Tapas Food Tour & Authentic Flamenco Show
Eat your way through Madrid’s historic center on a tapas crawl and step into the venues where flamenco is brought to life before seeing a live show!
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Madrid:If youʻre booking your trip to Madrid last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Indulge in delicious Spanish tapas at three local bars.
- Enjoy a dazzling hour-long live flamenco performance.
- Get a local’s insight into what makes a flamenco show.
- See dresses and shoes and at a specialist's shop.
- Visit a Spanish guitar shop where local artisans work.
DescriptionBegin the evening in front of the Royal Opera House, a well-known spot that regularly hosts flamenco performances on one of the biggest stages in Madrid. Your expert guide will lay the groundwork by introducing you to the art of flamenco and its roots within Spain. It’s time for some delicious tapas! The first stop of the evening is a classic bar in the city center where you’ll enjoy some aperitif snacks. These moreish bites are the perfect way to get acquainted with the world of tapas. Sip some vermouth as your guide explains exactly how to do tapas like a local. Afterwards, take a guided stroll down some of the oldest streets in the city. Stop at a traditional flamenco shop for some eye-opening insights into just how much preparation goes into a single flamenco show. You’ll see the colorful dresses, shoes, castanets and everything else one needs to dress the part of a flamenco dancer. You’ll also pop by a Spanish guitar shop to learn more about the music that fuels this riveting performance. From there, continue with another round of tapas at a historic restaurant that opened in 1933. Naturally, they specialize in traditional tapas here—which will fill you up nicely before the true highlight of the evening! At one of the most intimate venues in the city, it’s time for all the passion, drama and intrigue of an authentic flamenco performance. The insider knowledge your guide has shared with you throughout the evening will give you a deeper understanding of what you’re watching. You’ll also enjoy a special Iberian tapa and drink during the show. Afterwards, indulge in a classic Spanish dessert as you reflect on the performance with your fellow travelers. It’s the sweetest way to end an unforgettable evening!
IncludesLocal English-speaking guide Expertly guided walking tour 1 hour long flamenco show Tapas, drinks, & dessert Visits to two shops run by flamenco artisans Small group of 12 people
- The tour is in English.
- Our group tour utilizes multiple areas that are not wheelchair accessible. Those with wheelchairs should contact us so we can arrange your visit.
- This tour is not recommended for vegans.
- Guests with serious food allergies will need to sign an allergy waiver at the start of the tour.
- Due to the risk of gluten cross-contamination, this tour is not adaptable for those with celiac disease.
- This tour is adaptable for: Vegetarian, pregnant women, , pescatarian, gluten free, non-alcoholic options. If you have a dietary requirement or food allergy, please note it when booking.
- Devour comply with all local government regulations. You may need to wear a mask or provide proof of vaccination to enter certain venues. Please refer to Madrid government guidelines for the most up to date information
- Note that while the stops visited and the order of the route may vary.