My Guide Website?
Madrid: Old Town Guided Walking Tour40 Reviews
Take a guided walking tour with an official guide of Madrid's historical quarter and visit all major sights including Debod Temple and Royal palace. Learn city's history and culture from a local guide
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Madrid:If youʻre booking your trip to Madrid last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Madrid: Local Tapas and Wine Tour with Drinks & Views
- Madrid: Flamenco Show at Tablao 'Las Tablas' with Drink
- Madrid: Prado Museum Entry Ticket
- From Madrid: Toledo Full Day Trip
- Madrid: Street Art Tour with Local Graffiti Hunter
- Immerse yourself in Spanish history as you stand at Plaza Mayor
- Take a stroll among the cobblestone streets and narrow alleys of Calle Mayor
- See Debod Temple, a little piece of Ancient Egypt reconstructed in Madrid
- Admire the sculpture of King Philip IV, designed by Galileo and Velázquez
- Discover the impressive Gothic architecture of the Catedral de la Almedena
DescriptionVisit Madrid's major sights on a guided walking tour of the historical center. Visit the Plaza de España, admire the Royal Palace, take a walk down Calle Mayor, and more. Meet your guide in the historical quarter and begin your tour of some of the top local sights. Visit the Templo de Debod, a 2200 year-old Egyptian temple that was gifted to Spain and brought to Madrid, stone by stone. Next, take in panoramic views of Madrid from the Parque del Oeste. Afterward, visit one of the city's most important squares at Plaza de España. Check out the statue of Cervantes, the famous writer who penned Don Quixote. Continue on to the Plaza de Oriente, a spectacular garden square containing a collection of 20 sculptures depicting historical kings of Spain. Admire the equestrian bronze sculpture of King Philip IV, designed by Galileo and Velázquez. See the outside of the Catedral de la Almedena and admire its majestic Gothic architecture. Visit the outside of the Royal Palace of Madrid, right next to the cathedral. Learn about the historical and artistic significance of this opulent structure. Next, take a walk down Calle Mayor, Madrid's old main street. Be transported back to the 15th century among its cobblestone streets, narrow alleys, and squares. Visit Plaza de la Villa, the heart of old Madrid and home to City Hall. Discover its historical buildings and the statue of Álvaro de Bazán, the Grand Admiral of the Spanish Armada. Take a stroll through the Mercado San Miguel, famous for its tapas and delis. Finish your tour at Plaza Mayor, Madrid's main square. Soak in the historical atmosphere as you stand among some of the oldest taverns in the world.
IncludesGuide Walking tour
- You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund If the tour is canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund If the tour is canceled because the minimum number of participants isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund