My Guide Website?
Madrid’s Tapas Spots: A Self-Guided Audio Tour1 Reviews
Learn the art of eating tapas at some of central Madrid's most celebrated haunts on this self-guided audio tour. Experience the magic of GPS-playback on this immersive stroll through Madrid.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Madrid:If youʻre booking your trip to Madrid last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Madrid: Local Tapas and Wine Tour with Drinks & Views
- Madrid: Flamenco Show at Tablao 'Las Tablas' with Drink
- Madrid: Prado Museum Entry Ticket
- From Madrid: Toledo Full Day Trip
- Madrid: Street Art Tour with Local Graffiti Hunter
- Explore the history and art of tapas dining
- Hear from producer Melissa Dura, a teacher and writer
- Do it all in 120 minutes or linger at stops along the way with complete control
- Get unlimited use of the tour before your booking date and after it
- Use the virtual tour option at home
DescriptionTo most visitors, Spanish cuisine and the word ‘tapas’ are synonymous. Described as “the only way to eat without noticing”, tapas is often misunderstood. On this walking tour, I’ll show you that there's more to Spanish cuisine than just tapas. I’ll also introduce you to tapear, the art of dining on tapas, in all its glory. Starting outside the Mercado de San Miguel and ending in front of the 150-year-old establishment now known as Viva Madrid. Along the way, I’ll show you some of the central hotspots most popular with locals, from Bodegas Riclas and Casa Revuelta, both close to Plaza Mayor, to the celebrated Cava Baja in La Latina, the historically significant Casa Labra, and Madrid’s oldest taverna on Calle Huertas. I’ll also tell you about some of the signature dishes associated with these establishments, the food and drink that’s emblematic of Madrid, and some of the gastronomical traditions from around Spain. I’ll also let you in on a few tips like how to order, the types of dishes and drink options available, ways of paying, and how the Spanish typically do a tapas route with friends.
IncludesLifetime access to this tour in English VoiceMap app for Android and iOS Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
- The tour uses a mobile app. You will need to download the app and then use the voucher code provided to download the tour It is a self-guided audio tour that you can start, pause, or restart at any time and complete at your own pace You can download the tour at any time, before or after your booking date. It is best to download the tour before you set off for the starting point When the download is complete, you will see a screen with a photo of the starting point and directions to it. The red start button will become active when you are at the starting point The tour follows a set route and includes turn-by-turn directions. It works best if you start it in the right place and follow the directions from one location to the next Please note that you'll need to use your own mobile device and headphones for this tour. The tour is only available in English.