My Guide Website?
Skip-the-Line Royal Palace of Madrid and Guided Walking Tour1 Reviews
Skip the long lines to the Royal Palace of Madrid and marvel at the opulent décor of the largest working royal palace in Europe. Then, stroll the historic city center and learn its fascinating history on a small group or private walking tour.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Madrid:If youʻre booking your trip to Madrid last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Skip the long lines to look inside the Royal Palace of Madrid
- Marvel at the opulent décor of Europe's largest working royal palace
- See the highlights of Madrid city center on a guided walking tour
- Choose between a private and small group option
DescriptionEnter the Royal Palace of Madrid without waiting in line, and see some of the 3,000 rooms of Europe's largest working royal palace. Marvel at the staircase by Sabatini and visit the Throne Room to admire the ceiling painting by Tiepolo. Enter the Royal Pharmacy containing cabinets of medicinal plants and formulas dispensed to the monarchy. Discover a collection of stringed instruments by Stradivari in the Royal Chapel. Then, explore the historical city center on a walking tour. Follow your guide down medieval streets to sites such as Plaza Mayor and Almudena Cathedral. Learn the curious story about the Casa de la Panaderia (Bakery House) and marvel at the fresh produce at San Miguel Market. Hear about the Habsburg rulers of the 16th and 17th centuries, and discover the world's oldest restaurant. Explore the city's Bourbon history and stroll in the gardens of Plaza de Oriente. Get a deeper appreciation for the notable characters who shaped the history of the city along the way.
IncludesEntrance fees Lunch break (cost of lunch not included) Professional art historian guide Guaranteed skip-the-line entry
- Small group tours need a minimum of 2 participants to operate. An alternative date or full refund will be offered if the minimum number is not met • Tours available for wheelchair users on request
- All tours operate with no more than 8 people • The Royal Palace museum is subject to closure without warning. You will be provided with an alternative if the opening time is delayed by more than 1 hour from the tour start time. No refunds or discounts are provided • The route may be affected by national celebrations. You will be provided with an alternative route that covers most of the highlights if this occurs. No refunds or discounts are provided • Appropriate dress is required for entry to some sites • No large bags or suitcases are allowed inside the Royal Palace of Madrid