Toledo: Full-Day Guided Bus Tour from Madrid38 Reviews
Travel from Madrid on a full-day trip to the imperial city of Toledo, one of Europe’s oldest cities and home to famous works by El Greco. Tour the Gothic cathedral, and see the Church of Santo Tome, the former synagogue of Santa Maria la Blanca, and more.
- Visit the imperial city of Toledo, one of the oldest cities in Europe
- See the works of El Greco, including his masterpiece 'El Entierro del senor de Orgaz'
- Tour the interior of the Gothic Cathedral
- See Santa Maria la Blanca, the oldest synagogue building in Europe that's still standing
- Visit the Monastery of San Juan de los Reyes
DescriptionCheck-in at the office in central Madrid 15 minutes in advance of your tour. Leave the city towards Toledo aboard an air-conditioned coach. Relax and enjoy the scenery on the way to the city. Follow your local guide on a walking tour of the Historic City of Toledo, World Heritage City since 1986. Once Spain’s capital, it is a perfect mix of Arab, Jewish and Christian cultures. Learn about its fantastic heritage and see how the coexistence of cultures through the centuries influenced its current architectural style. Walk amid the courtyard cloisters and royal coats of arms at the San Juan de los Reyes Monastery. Admire the building sponsored by Queen Elizabeth from Castilla to become a royal mausoleum, the most important construction built by the Catholic Monarchs. Right after the visit, walk to the Synagogue of Sta. Maria la Blanca. Originally built as a synagogue, it was expropriated and became a Church only 211 years after it opened its doors. Today, it is a fantastic museum of the Mudejar (Arabic) style that you will visit. Admire the world-famous painting by el Greco – The Burial of the Count of Orgaz – at the Church of St. Tomé. If you decide to include the option, relish on a wonderful tapas menu for lunch at around 1 PM. Those of you who did not add the option to your bookings will have 1 hour of free time for lunch. After that, meet your guide again for a visit to the Cathedral of Toledo. Considered one of the most important Gothic Cathedrals in Spain. Admire the stained glass windows decorating the naves and discover the history of this great monument. See more than ten paintings by el Greco and wander around the location listening to your guide. Heading back to Madrid, stop for an artisan demonstration of the famous damascened technique.
IncludesTransportation by air-conditioned bus Individual radioguided system Expert guide Admission to the Cathedral Admission to Santa Maria la Blanca, the oldest synagogue building in Europe Admission to the Monastery of San Juan de los Reyes in Toledo Entrance to Church of St. Tomé Tapas lunch menu (optional) Food or drink, unless option selected Additional services Drop-off to your accommodation
- Please keep in mind that the excursion includes several visits on foot, comfortable shoes are recommended
- The duration of the tour includes the round trip to the destination
- The Cathedral of Toledo and St Tomé Church visitors are kindly requested to respect the instructions of the Security staff: Photography and filming are not permitted inside the exhibitions
- The operator reserves the right to modify or cancel the tour itinerary without prior notice due to force majeure reasons
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability