My Guide Website?
Madrid: Paella & Tapas Cooking Class with Local Market Visit12 Reviews
Learn to make authentic paella, several delicious tapas, and a dessert in an upscale private cooking space in the heart of Madrid. Visit a local market and take part in an insightful cooking workshop.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Madrid:If youʻre booking your trip to Madrid last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Delight your taste buds with the unique flavors of Spanish vermouth
- Shop for high-end ingredients at a traditional market in Madrid
- Go behind the scenes into the kitchen of a beloved local restaurant
- Make authentic paella, two tapas, and a dessert in a fun workshop
- Learn all you need to know about Spanish cuisine from an expert
DescriptionMeet your expert guide near one of Madrid’s most historic markets, where neighborhood residents have been shopping for over a century. Head inside to discover a gastronomic haven of delicious, high-quality Spanish products that form the building blocks of local cuisine. Chat with the vendors and pick up fresh ingredients to take back to the kitchen. Now that you have a solid understanding of Spanish food basics, it’s time to get hands-on. You’ll head behind the scenes of one of the most exciting restaurants in Madrid’s Huertas neighborhood into a beautiful cooking space reserved just for your small group where a friendly local chef is waiting for you. Enjoy a typical aperitif of sweet vermouth in the kitchen and assemble a cheese plate and traditional tapa from the Basque region before you start cooking. While enjoying the aperitif, observe your local chef as they prep a beloved Spanish dessert, crema catalana, for you to eat at the end of class. Over the next few hours, you'll work elbow to elbow in the kitchen with your small group to prepare a second tapa, homemade croquetas, and finally authentic paella from Valencia. Evoke all your senses as you smell, taste, and touch the ingredients that define Spanish cuisine. Along the way, your local guide will share their insights about each dish, including the history behind paella and how to spot true paella Valenciana. Sit down to enjoy your homemade lunch and dessert with your choice of beer or wine. You'll feel bonded to this new group of friends after cooking this special meal together. Leaving class, you'll have a deeper knowledge of Spanish cuisine and several easy, delicious recipes to recreate in your own kitchen.
IncludesTour guide Market visit Traditional aperitif Cooking class Lunch (dishes cooked in class) Drinks
- - We cannot accept wheelchairs on this group tour. Our group route utilizes staircases where elevator access is not easily accessible. Those with wheelchairs and limited mobility can contact us (email@example.com) so we can arrange your visit. - If you have a dietary requirement or food allergy, please note it when booking - Walks comply with all local government regulations. You may need to wear a mask or provide proof of vaccination to enter certain venues. Please refer to Italy government guidelines for the most up to date information - This experience is not recommended for vegans and, due to the risk of gluten cross-contamination, this tour is not recommended for those with celiac disease. - Unfortunately, due to the prevalence of sharp knives, hot stoves, and high surfaces, this experience is not suitable for children under 12.